Your stock picks for 2017

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by felixbocharov, Dec 28, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Shorts for 2017?

#31     Jan 1, 2017
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Holding AMD, Qualcomm, Netflix, Freeport, Sirius, adobe, lockheed, alaska air, and quite a few financials.

#32     Jan 4, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

#33     Jan 4, 2017
  4. GwenJosh

GwenJosh

his portfolio does looking interesting from the start. I want to just follow the path he is taking to perform the right investments.

#34     Jan 5, 2017
  5. SteveM

SteveM

Just to follow up on this post, Valeant has had 3 higher closes to start 2017, after a brutal 2016.

#35     Jan 5, 2017
    W.J. Feathermaker III likes this.
  6. GwenJosh

GwenJosh

I think KO and PG are some of the stocks to look forward in 2017.
    For KO i think, the company increased its quarterly dividend in February by six percent to $0.35 per share. At today’s price, KO stock has an annual dividend yield of 3.28%. In the past 10 years, the company’s quarterly dividend payment has more than doubled.

And PG, the company plans to return $70.0 billion to shareholders through 2019 by buying back its shares. In the first quarter alone, P&G spent $1.0 billion on buying back its common stocks and returned $1.9 billion of cash to investors in dividends.

Source: Dividend stocks for 2017

These are also the dividend aristocrats, which have always found place in Warren Buffett's portfolio, so pretty hopeful for them in 2017.

#36     Jan 5, 2017
  7. Good observation. Quarterly starts can also mark significant inflection points.

#37     Jan 6, 2017
  8. I'm surprised no one said the REITS. SPG holding up like a boss given the carnage in the retailers.

Twitterland also seems to like healthcare.

#38     Jan 6, 2017
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. Up 40 percent just few days after posting. Took profits, but may get back in if it breaks $9 resistance

#39     Feb 4, 2017
  10. Well, my FCX, guess wasn't bad with it going from $14's to $19, too bad it was range bound until December where it exploded. No idea how much Monero went up but Boeing almost doubled, which is ironic being, the guy, who predicted it went short, a few months ago, in the $250 range or whatever it was. At first glance, no prediction imploded so that is good! Happy New Year everyone!

#40     Dec 31, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.