your results first half

Discussion in 'Trading' started by billyjoerob, Jul 11, 2010.

what are your first half results

1. < -20%

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. < -10%

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. < 0

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. > 0

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. > 10%

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. > 20%

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  7. > 50%

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. > 100%

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. please participate in the poll

2. ET elected me to tell you we'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?

3. a tergo

4. mxjones

mxjones

Best "first six months" of any year during my trading career...thanks for asking.

5. bat1

bat1

did well till Apr.. then decided to go long lost 40%

:mad:

going long are words of DEATH!

6. Looks like the ET types like to swing for the fences . . . largest categories are more than 20% down or over 100% gains. Surprised more aren't in the 20% to 50% range.

7. heech

heech

+22% q1, -6% q2. I hate being in any kind of drawdown, and hope the markets are done being crazy.

8. uptickk

uptickk

Quote from the1:

Exactly. When I first started trading I was trading a small account and did over 1000% my first year. It was more like gambling than trading. In fact, it was gambling. Now that I trade for a living my goal is to do 20% per year consistently and it's pretty damn hard. There's a big difference between trading 10k and 10M.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am reposting this to the correct thread

I am at 254% so far this year. But like the1 said I am at the point where my account is small, 5 digit, and my money management isnt where it needs to be. I also know my strategy isn’t scalable so I have started looking elsewhere

9. q1 +7, q2 +14. Not as strong or consistent as I'd like but I'll take what I can get.

#10     Sep 2, 2010