Your all time favorite cell phone?

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by bookish, Jun 5, 2018.

1. bookish

bookish

I'm not talking about which has the latest features but which phone gave you the most satisfaction.

Was it the demonic red glow of the original brick style phones?
    Was it the satisfying way the Nokia slide 6700 slid into place?

For me its the Prada II. It has a really nice white on black user interface and a lacquered look to the case with contrasting silver trim. A thick body makes it easy to grip and has a satisfying feel in your hand. Also comes with the most bad ass box I've ever seen an electronic device come in.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/lg/3423/new-lg-prada-collaboration-announced-kf900

What was your favorite?

2. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've never thought much about which phone would be my favourite. I guess that as long as it's functional I don't really pay much attention.

dealmaker, bookish and vanzandt like this.
  3. speedo

speedo

The coolest (prior to smart phones) was the Motorola StarTac

bookish likes this.
  4. Millionaire

Millionaire

The latest waterproof ones, really like that feature.

bookish likes this.
  5. bookish

bookish

That was a fantastic development. The old ones still have a good advantage on the new ones. You can use them! These new ones feel like they take 15 minutes of fiddle farting around to dial a number. Swipe this, password that, press here, press there, oops! start over, ... With the old ones you just dialed the damned number.

God help you if you ever have to dial 911, you'll be dead before you get the number dialed.

6. speedo

speedo

I still have it somewhere :D

7. bookish

bookish

I found one of those old brick cell phones in goodwill years ago. The first ones that cost $3000.00 a minute (joking) they always had an ad that was either a guy in a suit with slicked back hair exiting a wall street building, or guy in a bath robe on a luxury yacht with two movie stars sucking his ... martini. I went walking around with it pretending I was talking on it. You should have seen the people staring at me.

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

The only phone I've ever been emotionally attached to was my first one - back when they first appeared on the market I got a brick-like Nokia phone. I used to joke it's so big and hard and heavy that if it fails as a phone I could use it for self defense in case I got mugged or something.

bookish likes this.
  9. LacesOut

LacesOut

Motorola Razr
    iPhone 7 (best phone in phone history)

10. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've never had an Apple phone, I've always stuck to Android ones.

#10     Jun 16, 2018
    bilbo64 likes this.