Young investor brokerage ideas

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by joarbana, Dec 5, 2016.

1. joarbana

joarbana

21, separating from the military in may. Have a couple thousand in an etrade brokerage. Won't be able to build any more significant capital until I seperated and get myself situated.

I plan on keeping my etrade account due to the fact I hold a bank account through them and I like all the tools and screener they have plus there mutual fund access is pretty nice. However, down the road I wanted to start pushing money into a more trader friendly brokerage. Something I can have 10k in within the next year to trade/write and buy options and such with. Tradeking seems like the best bet to go with. Opinions?

2. I rec think or swim.

3. CBC

CBC

Ur not telling us what your trading.

4. joarbana

joarbana

Well i wanted to just start with small cap stuff and work my way up to options and higher priced stocks as my cash power goes up.

5. CBC

CBC

Ah, IB is usually the best for stocks IMO. 10K minimum account opening. Best for cheap fees.

6. joarbana

joarbana

yeah i have 2k right now, but when I build up to 10k Ill definitely look into it. I went ahead and opened a tradeking account, I like there set up a lot. Im still learning alot (seems the more you learn the more you realize how little you know) seems like a good place to grow my knowledge.