You gotta like OVTI right now

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 12, 2013.

1. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

This stock has a nice pattern going on. Looks like its gonna explode higher.

2. I like it, hood. It's in the value zone now.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

I actually stumbled upon it a few days ago. I used to follow it about 7 or 8 years ago along with SanDisk.
    I like the chart pattern on OVTI as well as CTXS.

4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

I'd like to see a strong close over 17.10 today.

5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

17 is very strong resistance. Whats interesting is that an analyst came out 2 days ago and stated OVTI should be bought on any earnings related weakness. OVTI earnings are the 29th. Does this guy know something? Is this why the stock is basically stuck and slowly selling off? An analyst usually conducts channel checks and for him to mention to " buy any earnings related weakness" gives me some pause. I will watch closely over the next few days.
    Since when are analysts correct? Sometimes they are. The timing of that statement is somewhat of a red flag.

08:41 EDT OVTI OmniVision should be bought on any weakness, says RW Baird
    Baird believes any weakness following OmniVision's Q2 results should be used as a buying opportunity. The firm cited company fundamentals including next year's gross margins which should be driven by fabrication diversification. Shares are Outperform rated and price target $23.

6. riddler

riddler

Im in at 16.48.

7. As stated there's serious resistance @17. Some decent support between 15.50 and 16. Building support at 16.50.
    Problem is last quarter earnings they beat the hell out of the estimates, and got a very good pop. They painted a pretty picture for this quarter. If they don't meet or exceed that, the PPS will get beat up.
    Longer term, a good investment, add on any dip. If not in, buy the dip for a swing trade. I ain't in so I'll hope for a dip. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to those already positioned.

8. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Last quarter they blew away earnings and upped guidence big. This tells me the street wants to be sure it was'nt just a " one quarter wonder ". They beat and guide up again, this stock hits 25 very quickly.

9. :confused:

10. I don't think anyone could look at a chart of the last few weeks and not see the resistance in that area. Nothing to be confused about. Obvioulsy, that resistance broke down today, and on high volume for good measure.

#10     Aug 26, 2013