You Didn't Do It Somebody Else Did

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Jul 19, 2012.

1. I realize the republicans are real dickheads and take everything out of context, but who is this "Someone else"? And who paid their wages?

But technically speaking, you are correct, I didn't build the bridge, but I did pay for it.

If I quit wearing a suit and tie would you then now consider me a worker?

What if instead of a 4 martini lunch, my wife packed me a lunch box? Would that make me a worker?

How about I work the line and you start selling the shit?

Then it will be my bridge and you can pay for it.

at anyrate, apparently this "someone else" is who we should vote for. After all, they are the ones that built the bridge.

Not really sure what they would do with that bridge if no one needed it.

I'm the guy that needs the bridge and I'm the guy that paid for it.

But thank you for building it. I'm going to vote for you, just in case I need anything else.

2. Ricter

Ricter

Well, you're one of the guys who paid for it, but please, continue.

3. all I am asking is, who is this "Somebody Else" the president talks about? Apparently, they built a bridge. I'm pretty sure I could have built a better bridge if I didn't have to pay all the management fees they charge.

That's why I keep a lot of money in index funds.

So let's all chip in and build a bridge.

Who knows, maybe someday one of us will get lucky and need it.

4. Max E.

Max E.

New Obama ad goes after Romney for quoting him verbatim.....and the best part is it actually shows Obama saying it in the ad.... I wonder who the genius is that came up with this one.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z-z-U57BaSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Max E.

Max E.

There seems to be a massive disconnect with Obama, as to who relies on who for their survival, i think that Obama thinks that America would be a really great place, if we could just get rid of all those pesky businesses, who are a drain to the government......

6. I use to work at a restaurant. It would have been a really great job, if it wasn't for all the customers.

7. I don't understand why some of these dull-witted righties don't comprehend the concept that societal infrastructure (government) allows the individuals to trade and profit within it.

Just try to make money in your business without roads, the internet, police, educated employees and a monetary system. Individual businesses are not going to do those things on their own.

One really has to wonder how stupid one has to be to not understand this.

On a related note, why is it that the stupidest people are most often right wingers? Not all them are, but whenever someone is clearly whacked or just plain dumb they are almost always a rabid righty. The evidence for this can be seem right here in this forum.

8. and who pays for all those roads?

otherwise, thank you for "allowing" us to trade and profit.

that is most kind of you.

If there's anything we can ever do to repay you, just let us know.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Every time I think you couldnt possibly post something that makes you look dumber, you manage to one up yourself.....

Who do you think pays for all of this shit?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. achilles28

achilles28

The Government doesn't give us shit, you retard. THE PEOPLE PAY THE GOVERNMENT TAXES THEY USE TO BUILD SHIT WE TELL THEM TO BUILD FOR THE COMMON GOOD. ALL THE INFRASTRUCTURE BUSINESSES "GREEDILY PROFIT" FROM WAS BUILT WITH THEIR OWN MONEY (IE TAXPAYER MONEY), DECADES AGO.

Are you really that fucking stupid, you think the Government magically "gives us" things out of it's sweat and toil, and the country just sits back and "sucks off" the Government??

Do you even know where the Government gets the resources to supposedly make and "give us" all this good shit? Every invention, patent, breakthrough and innovation created by the US Government is the property of TAXPAYERS, who financed and paid for their entire operation. When that technology is released to the market and commercialized (like cell phones, like the internet, like GPS tracking, like computers, like nuclear energy), the research and development cost inherent in the creation of that technology was/is and forever remains the property of the US TAXPAYER who financed it. Commercializing Government technologies allows the entire Country to benefit from their "investment" (read: taxes) in the general marketplace, instead of in just a limited scope (usually national defense).

You sir, are a fucking moron.

#10     Jul 20, 2012