YM Stop - Move to 20?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tradefreak, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey all you YM traders with a 5 and 10 pts stops - have been getting stopped out over the last month? Here's a 5 min chart of YM on 3-13 with 12-20 pt moves in only 5 minutes. What's your strategy to profit from these moves?

• ym.png
      File size:
      64.6 KB
      Views:
  2. no, i haven't

most of my setups use 10 pt stops

and the stops only get hit 21% of the time

3. Coolweb has spoken. What happened to your 1tick stops?

4. 20 PT STOPS ARE OKAY IF U HAVE A SUPER HIGH ACCURACY SYSTEM......IF NOT, BYE BYE REAL SOON.

5. hey whitster: are u scalping?

6. ============================

Good question.T-freak

Mainly stay out of green-red slop-chop like your first 14 point slop-chop countertrend candle;maybe different for bid ask scalpers.

The fewer times do trade a countertrend, want a lot/much more trends pointing down than first 14 point candle you marked.

With most all the 5 minute & larger candlechart trend$ are up in YM;
    many more countertrends will be stopped out, no matter what size stops, compared to trends.:cool:

7. volente_00

volente_00

Short the 10:30 reversal on a gap up, cover when it fills.

8. i lost my shorts on ur short.......not really........my system said up up and away times a few cars........up the cars not the points.......when u see them.........punch the money button......

9. there is one bad thing possible in this business.........losing money

10. volente_00

volente_00

My above reply was for the chart he posted of yesterday.

For today, fading the 10:30 trade would have meant going long as the direction before 10:30 was heading down. Rule of 20 said to buy at 11080 on the pullback. The 50% retracemnt from 11060 to 11100 was also 11080. And if you trade T day theory, then there were 4 strong reason to be long.

#10     Mar 14, 2006