YM Stop - Move to 20?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tradefreak, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey all you YM traders with a 5 and 10 pts stops - have been getting stopped out over the last month? Here's a 5 min chart of YM on 3-13 with 12-20 pt moves in only 5 minutes. What's your strategy to profit from these moves?

• ym.png
      File size:
      64.6 KB
      Views:
  2. no, i haven't

most of my setups use 10 pt stops

and the stops only get hit 21% of the time

3. Coolweb has spoken. What happened to your 1tick stops?

4. 20 PT STOPS ARE OKAY IF U HAVE A SUPER HIGH ACCURACY SYSTEM......IF NOT, BYE BYE REAL SOON.

5. hey whitster: are u scalping?

6. ============================

Good question.T-freak

Mainly stay out of green-red slop-chop like your first 14 point slop-chop countertrend candle;maybe different for bid ask scalpers.

The fewer times do trade a countertrend, want a lot/much more trends pointing down than first 14 point candle you marked.

With most all the 5 minute & larger candlechart trend$ are up in YM;
    many more countertrends will be stopped out, no matter what size stops, compared to trends.:cool:

7. Short the 10:30 reversal on a gap up, cover when it fills.

8. i lost my shorts on ur short.......not really........my system said up up and away times a few cars........up the cars not the points.......when u see them.........punch the money button......

9. there is one bad thing possible in this business.........losing money

10. My above reply was for the chart he posted of yesterday.

For today, fading the 10:30 trade would have meant going long as the direction before 10:30 was heading down. Rule of 20 said to buy at 11080 on the pullback. The 50% retracemnt from 11060 to 11100 was also 11080. And if you trade T day theory, then there were 4 strong reason to be long.

#10     Mar 14, 2006