Yield data

Discussion in 'Fixed Income' started by DevBru, Dec 10, 2021.

1. DevBru

DevBru

Where do you guys get your yield data for charting? Preferably intraday.

I am currently using Tradingview, but some of the yields are only available as CFD's and some of the charts look off.

If i wanted to get yield data on Tradingview, what data package do i need to purchase?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

TNX TYX from the CBOE on TradingView.

3. xandman

xandman

Bloomberg. Your taking Yugo to a Formula 1 track.

Easiest way is for a Futures subscription to track bond futures prices. But, there are Yield futures from the CME.

4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Unfortunately CME yield futures are a joke. 4-5000 contracts per day on the 10 year!!!!

xandman likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

There are a couple of hundred contracts per day on forward index futures month, and they trade just fine. What is the problem?

6. xandman

xandman

Depends on how precise you want to get. The issues are liquidity and true price discovery. A couple of hundred is a drop in the ocean.

It may be good enough for a day to day information dashboard.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

So how are you doing trading them?

8. Overnight

Overnight

I'm doing just swell. I cannot imagine the CME yield futures being any worse if they have many-fold the volume of forward indices.

9. DevBru

DevBru

Thanks.

Any good sources for the EU yields? They are only available as CFD on Tradingview and the charts don't seem right, this is for example a 5 minute chart for the German 2 year yield from yesterday.

[​IMG]

All those spikes don't seem right and make the chart not very readable/reliable.

10. ZBZB

ZBZB

just chart the futures.

#10     Dec 28, 2021