Yield Curve Inversion!?

Discussion in 'Fixed Income' started by kmiklas, Jul 21, 2022.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Curve inverted in March and then again in June and ever since.

M.W., kmiklas and murray t turtle like this.
  3. Let him be, let him discover his Holy Grail,....he just may be onto great things that only he can see,
    Or not,

kmiklas, murray t turtle and jys78 like this.
  4. Give me the 6 month at a little over 3%. Why one earth would anyone buy a 20 year when all you get is a little over 3.4%? I mean, I get that people thing a recession might come, but does anyone REALLY think that the interest rate average lets say over the next 10 or 15 or 20 years is going to be anything other than much higher than it is now? That would mean buy the short term ones and reinvest at a higher rate after 6 months or a year or so, no?

Clubber Lang and kmiklas like this.
  5. jys78

jys78

Zero relevance.

kmiklas and Rickshaw Man like this.
  6. The central banks are too deep into our market for this to mean anything. 15 years ago it was an excellent indicator. Now the bond market is under complete manipulation by the central bank.

kmiklas likes this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

WTF does that have to do with anything?

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. kmiklas

kmiklas

Pretty much every market is under manipulation by the central bank, including but not limited to stocks, bonds, currency, liquor, cabbage, cars, pork bellies, and crypto.

9. jys78

jys78

I agree.

But it doesn't matter. What matters is whether a market is open for trading and if so, can you make money? That's really all that matters.

10. %%
    LOL
    Old WSJ promotion \except they exposed it as a non holy grail mostly.
    THAT maybe a big price shock\ not many want to loan gov money for 30 years:D:D
    NO disrespect intended to the FED. My dad was banker+ deep respect for the Fed.
    Like the AUM managers say\disclose \ ''NOT insured by any federal agency''
    SPXL, spy pays a dividend, good yield+ daytrade; not that you geta yield on every daytrade /LOL

#10     Jul 21, 2022