YETI

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kidneydoc, Mar 27, 2019.

1. kidneydoc

kidneydoc

Making all time high when the market is flat to down would normally be a sign of strength but I think this is massively overextended

Management's growth projections might be realistic but the upside is already priced in and they face significant competition with an easily duplicated product that is highly exposed to declines in consumer spending .

Any thoughts that this is all a short squeeze?

Nobert likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

It reminds me of I-Robot.(IRBT). Same kind of a somewhat "one hit wonder" with a few quality consumer products. They like giving the stocks easy to remember cute names too.

When stocks like these catch all kinds of press, folks like yourself take notice, use logic, and realize they are overvalued. Your smart, but that means absolutely nothing. And all the "smart" retail players like yourself pile on with more short positions.

Here's the deal.... Intraday movement of relatively low float/low volume stocks like these is controlled by market makers that control huge amounts of buying power and are in touch with others of their ilk. They can buy and sell the stock as they move it up. Want to see it spike up.... go in on a day its been in a relative flatline and short 5000 shares and watch what happens. It will spike up like it hasn't all day. And stay there. Then go higher.

I would not short this stock unless you hawk it daily. Watching the volume is the key. If you get several days in a row of 3% plus moves on below average volume.... yeah, then its moving into the zone. But it has to be hawked and you have to know the stock or it will take your money in a most painful way if you just jump in and short it.

Wait for a succession of several strong up days on low volume, take a look at the chart, set a target price, then open your position. Ignore it after that, have conviction in your target and just wait. It may take a week. It will go up higher. Don't add. You'll get your target, but I can't overemphasize enough the importance of a plan with a target price, when to enter, and sticking firm to your target. Be wary of where your entry falls with respect to an upcoming earnings report or analyst event. Its not easy. Odds are they'll get your money unless you know wtf you're doing. That said... g/l

Nobert likes this.