yet another christian preacher caught up in a gay sex problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 23, 2010.

1. what is it with christian preachers?

(Sept. 23) -- Disgraced pastor Ted Haggard cautions that no one should rush to judge Atlanta megachurch Bishop Eddie Long, who is accused of coercing three young men into sex.

"Nobody's guilty until the court says he's guilty," Haggard, the former head of a 14,000-member congregation in Colorado, told AOL News in a phone interview Wednesday.

Three young men from Long's 25,000-member New Birth Missionary Baptist Church filed lawsuits this week claiming he exploited his position and used cash, cars and expensive trips to pressure them into sexual relationships.

"Let me be clear. The charges against me and New Birth are false," Long said in a statement read by his attorney, Craig Gillen.

Long canceled an appearance on the "Tom Joyner Morning Show" earlier today, as well as a scheduled news conference.

He will speak to his congregation Sunday about the claims, Gillen said.

Haggard, who was a superstar among the Christian right until a gay sex scandal forced him to resign from his Colorado church, told AOL News that Long deserves a fair hearing. If the accusations are false, Haggard said, Long will survive the ordeal. "The bishop is surrounded by people that will counsel him well," he said.
    http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...rves-fair-hearing-on-sex-allegations/19644577

2. are you some kind of idiot?

'Free Thinker'..... LMFAO, where'd you get the idea to obsess over the sex lives of preachers?

3. How is quoting a mainstream news report obsessing?

4. i think merely reading this 'news' is proof positive of obsession, let alone, posting it on some forum as an offering of evidence, of what, I'm not quite sure (Doubly from a 'Free Thinker')

5. I think freethinker is highlighting the Hypocrisy among Republicans. Right wing is so against gays and gay rights, but more often than not when preachers, politicians are caught with their pants down with other men, they turn out to be from the far right.

6. cstfx

cstfx

7. "Quote from DoneNDone:

are you some kind of idiot?

'Free Thinker'..... LMFAO, where'd you get the idea to obsess over the sex lives of preachers?"
    =================================
    i have DumbnDumber on ignore but i see he is trying to defend hypocrite preachers.
    i love exposing hypocrits who are religious by shining a little sunshine on their deeds.
    as someone who grew up on a farm this old saying rings true. "when the sun shines on a pile of shit the aroma is much stronger".

8. jem

jem

looks like that con artist was a fundraiser for democrats.

9. yes and ted haggard was a conservative republican. so both liberal and conservative preachers like gay sex. the only thing they have in common is they are preachers.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ooooops

#10     Sep 23, 2010