Yahoo Finance launching paid subscription service?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Yahoo Finance launching paid subscription service?

Below is a pop-up I get when I visit Yahoo Finance.

a.png

I hope they continue to offer the Option Chains and Stock Charts for free.

2. option chains also at

Nasdaq.com

cboe.com

• The Nasdaq option chains suck - Yahoo Finance option chains are far superior.
    • Could you post a link to a cboe equity (GOOGL, QQQ) option chain? I couldn't find them.

3. truetype

truetype

> Yahoo Finance launching paid subscription service?

I hope so. It would be great to have a low-cost provider in the space.

• As long as they still provide the real time stock quotes/charts and option chains for free.
    • But I have a feeling they will scale those back if they get into a subscription service.

4. truetype

truetype

I hope they do. I'd prefer they focus their resources on a reliable, supported, low-cost service. They don't owe anything to the freegans.

5. I suppose you feel that Youtube, Google, Facebook, Gmail and Yahoo should start charging for all the services they currently provide for free. Maybe the developers of PHP, Firefox, MySQL, Apache2, HTML, etc should get into the paid subscription service also.

6. truetype

truetype

At Facebook et al, your eyeballs are the product. That's why they're "free." Fully-supported, high-quality data provided via API is another animal.

7. truetype ....... you are probably the only ET member that thinks Yahoo Finance should charge for their stock quotes, charts and option chains.

8. truetype

truetype

At some price -- for giggles, let's say 10ยข/month -- I'm sure you'd agree full support and higher quality were worth it.

#10     Apr 19, 2018