Yahoo expiring options chains being deleted to early :(

Discussion in 'Options' started by OTM-Options, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Yahoo used to delete the expiring option chains about 2 hours after market close on Friday. During the last two weeks they appear to be deleting them two days BEFORE they expire. :(

The September 25 weekly option chains have now been deleted. I hope this is a glitch and they fix it soon.

:)

2. naija

naija

Looking on Thinkorswim, I am seeing the Yahoo SEP4-15 weekly option calls and put chain. I am not sure an underlying can remove a weekly chain after its already been published, as there are holders and writers of those options once they are published.

3. dartmus

dartmus

If I understand correctly OTM-Options is saying Yahoo is no longer a good site to retrieve options data from. Normally this wouldn't interest me but I had an issue checking email at Yahoo today. Maybe someone from Yahoo will notice.

OTM-Options likes this.

4. Yes that is correct. Yahoo Finance is the first place I go to for option chains, their layout is very good.

5. Unbelievable ......... 3 days to expiry and Yahoo has deleted the October 09 option chains. :eek:

6. try google finance

7. With Yahoo Finance you can click on a strike and get more info:

[​IMG]

You can't with Google Finance and the Nasdaq site is painfully slow.