X_Trader Pro Simulation Mode is Broken and Useless

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by met68, Mar 10, 2014.

1. met68

met68

After many previous woes with X_Trader Pro and its simulation mode, my farcical experience with platform continues.

I am finding, that pretty much nothing works as it is meant to in TT's SIM mode.

Am I the only person in the world trying to work with X_Trader Pro in SIM mode?

It certainly feels it, as I am having new problems and issues on a daily basis with this and I keep spending between 1h-2h PER DAY for the last week with TT tech support, but with no results to date and I see no other posts related to this anywhere.

First, I am finding that the P&L no longer works in SIM mode. I was just getting n/a in the position windows, whenever I would place a trade. So, on to TT tech support, who "solve" the issue (only for it to return, after I re-launch X_Trader). And as part of the "fix" for the broken P&L, now the CME product server is suddenly no longer available (still in SIM mode). After a further day on the phone with TT tech support, they realise that they can easily recreate the problem and it gets escalated. Today it seems to kind of work. Some CME products are available, others are not....

Then, I am finding that X_Study charts on my workspaces no longer open. Then, about an hour later, suddenly X_Study charts do open again, but now without any historical data (especially for Eurex this time - last Thursday and Friday I did not have any CME data.....).

So back onto the phone with TT tech support, where I am being told that they are aware of this issue and that engineers are working on it, but no ETA on when this might be fixed.

Seriously, people pay $1'500 PER MONTH for this garbage?

I am truly amazed, with what some people get away with.....

And how any prospective new customers are meant to feel confident to switch from SIM to LIVE mode, when clearly nothing works is also beyond me.

I really wanted to like this s/w, as I have recently started trading spreads and the X_Trader Pro Autospreader would be pretty neat. But trying as I might, this s/w just does not work (in SIM mode). I am certainly not going to try in LIVE mode, until I feel comfortable, that this platform actually works in SIM mode.

I may try it again in a few months (or better years!), but for now, once again, I am left deeply disappointed with this overrated and overpriced platform.

Now looking for an other platform to trade spreads. Any recommendations would be welcome.

In the meantime I continue to trade happily with Sierrachart and Multicharts.

2. SIM mode is made to test some of the basic functionality.

It's not made to create you into a trader.

X-trader is the best price ladder there is on the futures. Nothing comes close. The spreader is great, I like X-trader more than CQG. Multicharts and sierracharts aren't doing the same for spreading, you know that very well.

Stop bitching and start trading.

3. sounds like you are getting screwed. it was only 100$ / month for the sim when i was training people. and i also found it to be near unusable as all of the products i traded were not listed, so we quickly moved on to the more expensive lessons of live trading. although i am and will be a lifelong xtrader user for my own trading.

4. met68

met68

@ tradeslair,

If your trading is as astute as your post-reading abilities, I dread to think what your trade log looks like. But then you do not seem interested in testing and back-testing your trading strategies before you deploy them in a live environment, which only reinforces the point, that your trade log is very likely to look a little, shall we we say erratic?

But if it works for you that's fine. I merely want to make sure, that prospective X_Trader users are not mislead into believing, that they will have the ability to (back-)test any of their strategies in X_Trader, when they most certainly do not, as the SIM module is completely broken.

Had an other quick try this morning and, surprise, surprise, the P&L's in the position windows are once again not working at all, despite having spent half a day on the phone and remote sessions with TT tech support last week to fix just this problem (among many).

How can you (back-)test, if you don't even know how much money a potential trade/ strategy would have made or lost? Seems fairly basic.

As I say, it is very broken and prospective customers have a right to know.

5. met68

met68

P.S. And just to add, Eurex charts are still not working, as most historical data is still unavailable, despite having been recognised as an issue by TT tech support and engineers apparently working on it yesterday morning.

I have had problems with historical data ever since starting to trial X_Trader Pro a few weeks ago. And I am using TT's own data!

Half of last week none of the CME data/ servers were available.

And on and on it goes....

6. met68

met68

It is now 9:50 am CET and for the last 10 minutes or so, there have been literally hundreds of exactly 28 sized OTC orders running across the T&S for the FDAX, but they do not show up in any volume data. Now a single 28 sized order is very big for the FDAX, but hundreds of them???

What is the point of this? First, I have no way of knowing, whether these are transacted at the bid or at the offer and as I said, they do not show-up in any of the volume indicators, nor, as far as I can tell, do they appear to impact price much.

What is the point of showing these, when they appear, at least to me, to be basically irrelevant?

Also, what is the point of having OTC transactions at all on an electronic exchange. What purpose do they serve?

7. met68

met68

P.S. I still have no P&L's in any of my position windows when in SIM mode...... now that is useful very.....

P.P.S. And btw, when I change the columns in the position window, these changes are lost every time I restart X_Trader Pro, now that is an other really useful feature......

8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Take a deep control breath. Next, close the program and then take another deep breath. After that, do some research and find someone else to trade with.

We as traders need to learn that one of the biggest aspect of trading is to learn how to manage it as a business. Simply, find someone else to work with that satisfies your needs.

9. met68

met68

@ wrbtrader, if you would have read the thread, you would know that I already have other platforms from which I trade quite happily.

Tried X_Trader Pro in SIM mode again. And guess what, today X_Trader will not open, as X_Trader Fill API and X_Study Price API are unavailable in Guardian.

At this stage, I just find the incompetence of these clowns makes for some great entertainment. The combinations of possible screw-up's is almost infinite and given my experience with TT thus far, there will not be many theoretical combination of errors which will not at some stage come to the fore. It certainly ensures variety and I can't wait to find-out what will go wrong tomorrow ....

10. met68

met68

Today's contribution from TT for our general entertainment (they certainly never fail us in the entertainment department, even if they are completely clueless about writing s/w that is of any use to anybody):

[​IMG]

#10     Mar 14, 2014