x trader and accepts canadian clients

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bojangle, Sep 23, 2010.

1. bojangle

bojangle

does anyone know of any futures broker that accepts canadian clients and also offers an x trader simulator for free to their clients? thanks.

2. bojangle

bojangle

i was told by Velocity futures that they don't accept Canadian clients, but that they do have some remaining clients in Canada. any chance that they will make an exception if i am willing to start an account the next day? i really want them to be my broker, but they say they don't want my money because i'm Canadian....

3. Why can't they accept you ?

4. mabenn

mabenn

http://www.variancefutures.com/

I'm in Canada... Ive been checking those guys out lately, looks like a similar setup to velocity and say they have several clients and are set up to accept more, they DID ask which province I was in so that might be a factor. Only problem is they promised me an email containing the info I was looking for 3 days ago, Ive sent 2 emails since saying that I haven't received it and no response...?

I approached them on setting up accounts at the institutional level, so its not like I was saying I am opening a 5k account and wasting their time...

Where in Canada are you?

5. I'm located in the U.S. but I know traders that are scattered all over Canada and they had no problem setting up an account thru DeepDiscountTrading.com if that helps any...

6. I'm located in the U.S. but I know traders that are scattered all over Canada and they had no problem setting up an account thru DeepDiscountTrading.com if that helps any...

7. seadog

seadog

If you trade futures,Zumo and Global futures will take Canadians.

8. mabenn

mabenn

Their site looks like it was made by a Jr. high school student but as long as their clearing firm is solid and they do have the service they promise, no reason why this wouldn't be a viable option. Anyone with first hand experience with them?

Thanks

9. They have been solid so far. Can't complain.

10. bojangle

bojangle

Something about not being registered with Canadian regulatory agencies.... So i asked them why they don't go out and get registered with them, but i have not got a response back. Like, their services are in high demand, why not expand your market areas like a lot of other brokers are doing?

#10     Sep 24, 2010