wtf IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stochastix, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Are they gonna compensate me for any losses? how fucking hard is it to keep a server farm up?

d08 likes this.
  2. They

They

Don't worry, you're in good company. I heard Robinhood is out too. :)
    #shitshow

stochastix likes this.
  3. mukoh

mukoh

TOS is still no problem, but my IBKR is DOA.

4. I'm 100% certain that IB or any broker is not responsible for tech issues. I haven't read the TOS but it must be in the small print.

Hivey likes this.
  5. Millionaire

Millionaire

Compensation lol, Petterfly is enjoying his Billions in retirement and the old guard are enjoying millions from stock options. A new generation of low paid grunts are doing the hard work at IB now. Most likely they don't give a shit if the systems go down.

d08 and MarkBrown like this.
  6. mukoh

mukoh

Pretty sure legal indemnified broker from tech issues in the TOS.

7. were there this many outages when you paid a commission or fees?

I bet now that the company profits are related to rebate fees more than ever that they throttle things down on purpose which then causes crashes when things heat up because now that you are trading for free they can do what they want to make sure you dont have access when you need it most.

I cannot understand why people actually trade undeer these conditions. get 3 accounts and always make sure you cover your own ass.

MarkBrown likes this.
  8. think I'll switch to light speed
    eh? I pay them quite a bit in fees

9. how long is this going to go on for. what a disgrace of a broker.

10. Back up as of 10 minutes ago. I'm shopping for other brokers, you cant even get tick-by-tick realtime option prices with these jokers

#10     Dec 7, 2020