WSJ: Trump wants to buy Greenland

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Aug 15, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

so an empty post....

seriously, give some consideration to my invitation lol.... take the red pill, ride the trump train what ever, for a few weeks, your life will change, you will feel happier, and your trading account will thank you..

it's not just a leaflet dropped from a plane... there is a fundamental reason why life on the left is so miserable.

if you are a person of above average intelligence, even if consciously you believe the BS from the Dem elites, your sub conscious mind won't believe it... hence the conflict... the Dem elites all live in mega mansions while selling the BS to the rank n file - do what I say not what I do... they push all the agenda not for the greater good of the country or their constituents, but only for their own bank account and power scale, it is truly the contemporary version of the plantation... so there lies the fundamental conflict... so to live on the left you

- either are a complete loser at the bottom of the society and you truly just want free shit, or
    - you are of the working class but are brain washed by the elites' BS and are living this life full of conflict, or
    - you are one of the elites who don't believe your own BS but are just brain washing the others.

of these 3 options I actually only have some respect to the 3rd as the elites are the only ones who know what they are doing... the other 2 options are just sad, very sad.

#51     Aug 16, 2019
    Bugsy, apdxyk and TreeFrogTrader like this.
  2. d08

d08

So like I said, you didn't understand his comment at all. It was about drug policy that has been successful in countries like Switzerland and Portugal while the US "drug war" has been a complete failure. What protection is US providing Portugal? Portugal has military threats from where? Maybe if you were talking about Latvia, I'd agree but Portugal?

#52     Aug 16, 2019
  3. Denmark is not an innocent victim in some of this discussion. Their chronic public moaning about the cost of maintaining Greenland fuels the fire. Along with the pro-independence movement in Greenland which is definitely interested in building other alliances- including unfortunately with the Chinese if needed- so that it can become something more than just Denmark's semi-acknowledged poor-stepchild.

The Americans have a military base there too and have built many connections and are willing to make more investments as needed to keep the chinese out whereas Denmark does as little as possible for them. Which, as I said, takes place in a context of a growing independence movement.

So, yeh, the outright purchase discussion is over the top, but pissing Denmark off and Greenland ending out getting attention in any form is not necessarily a bad thing.

You hoity-toity Canadians who like to lecture the Americans, will recognize some of these issues. You treated Quebec as your red-headed step child for years and eventually it blew up on you. They are still part of Canada- on even numbered days I guess.

Anyway, dont go crying big tears about Trump insulting Denmark. Take care of business or your colony will continue to look elsewhere.

#53     Aug 16, 2019
  4. dozu888

dozu888

hey I love NJ... live on the PA side but the pine barrens are great to ride a dirt bike in!

#54     Aug 16, 2019
    TreeFrogTrader likes this.

5. Yep, there is solid land under the ice.

You can't just pour the foundation for the Trump Greenland Towers right on top of ice.

#55     Aug 16, 2019
    apdxyk likes this.
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

I’d move to Greenland. Looks pretty good for a nature loving cube.

#56     Aug 16, 2019
  7. I see. You luv New Jersey as long as you are living in PA.

Under my plan, you will be able to ride your dirt bike in Greenland. You will love that too. And as a bonus......NEW JERSEY WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER FROM GREENLAND.

#57     Aug 16, 2019
    apdxyk and dozu888 like this.
  8. Canada will be getting one first in October of this year. Bye, bye Prime Minister Tinkerbell.

#58     Aug 16, 2019
  9. d08

d08

Americans would let the natgas industry do whatever the hell they want and as a result Greenland wouldn't even have drinking water.
    Independent Greenland, that's pretty funny.

#59     Aug 16, 2019

10. Right, they would have to be aligned with a country that has money.

That will be either the Americans or the Chinese. That Christmas Card they get once a year from Denmark will not be enough over time.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    #60     Aug 16, 2019
    apdxyk likes this.