World’s biggest container ship, the Ever Ace

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by themickey, Sep 13, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/worlds-biggest-container-ship-ever-ace-maiden-voyage-2021-9

Video

The world’s biggest container ship, the Ever Ace, is continuing its maiden voyage this week and soon heading for the Suez Canal
    Cheryl Teh Sep. 13, 2021
    [​IMG]
    The Ever Ace has room on board for 23,992 boxes and 200,000 tonnes of cargo. Georg Wendt/picture alliance via Getty Images
    • The Ever Ace, the world’s biggest container ship, is continuing on its maiden voyage this week.
    • The Ever Ace is the sister ship of the Ever Given, which blocked the Suez Canal for six days in March.
    • The Ever Ace is set to leave Suffolk for Rotterdam on Wednesday before traversing the Suez herself.
    You can read the rest of it on link at top of page.

2. That shipping container boat stacked up high makes me think of FILL OR KILL, Immediate or Cancel, orders.

3. mlawson71

mlawson71

I don't understand why it's called Ever Ace but it says Evergreen on the hull.

4. themickey

themickey

Evergreen is the name of the shipping company.
    Ever Ace the vessel's name.

mlawson71 likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

ok... you know you can't FOK your one lots, right?

SPX Options Trader likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

7. mlawson71

mlawson71

Ohh, I see.
    I thought it may be that, but why don't they paint the name of the ship on the hull anymore?

8. Wallet

Wallet

Check the stern.

9. themickey

themickey

Isn't the side of the ship a hull? :)
    I think they do this as a type of advertising, pretty difficult to miss it. :)

10. mlawson71

mlawson71

Actually I did miss it. Now I took another look and I realized the actual name of the ship was painted on the back of the ship, rather than its side.

#10     Sep 21, 2021