Winning days streak

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hilmy83, Nov 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hilmy83

hilmy83

How many days can you string winning days back to back?

This year I had a streak of 30 days (back in april/may) period. But that was back when i was solely a breakout trader. worked great in really volatile period like we saw earlier this year.

But now i'm incorporating a simple reversion along with my breakout, so i want to see how it goes. It's just a fun experiment. Will close thread once i have a losing day lol

everyday will show charts and execution. feel free to post your own streak; just post the charts and execution as well please.

days count:1

Capture.JPG

tnov, Baron and Axon like this.
  2. ValeryN

ValeryN

Good luck!

My longest discretionary streak was right around 30. That was years ago, but in essence - shorting stocks during bull market.
    Longest algo streak for a combined equity of 5 systems ~22 in this Aug-Sept. There was another one, similar to that early this year, around Feb-Mar

Val

3. I used to care about winrate, but it doesn't take drawdowns and such into account. Once I got comfortable taking a loss, profitability rose. I'm wary of high winrate strategies- typically, they're fragile and susceptible to large losses, when they occur. Of course, that doesn't mean they can't or don't work. Just not my style. I advise you not to care about it either, especially not publicly- holding on to a losing trade will blow ya up.

Hunsberger, FWBGBS, comagnum and 2 others like this.
  4. monee

monee

Very true.Also in a trending market trying to keep the win rate high will make you close out winners early,fearing they will turn into a loss.
    When markets aren't strongly trending the close the position quickly.

5. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

And the corollary is longest loss streak. Mine was 8 days of loss-BE day in a row. I retired that system because it just did not have enough traction for the risk.

stockpredictor likes this.
  6. hilmy83

hilmy83

days count:2

Capture.JPG

7. hilmy83

hilmy83

days count: fffuuuuccc

Actually, this is me working out small technicalities in my breakout. Shorting earlier on a decent down play would've been better than waiting for confirmation.

first 2 trades completely could be avoided. minor glitches can fuck up your sequence i tell ya. it's almost like i get 1-2 chances to make take advantage of a session..if i screw it up...no way to work it until next session.

Capture.JPG

I think the strategy has legs. gotta debug the rules a bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.