windows 10 vs. windows 11

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zdreg, Jun 1, 2022.

1. zdreg

zdreg

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

I looked at upgrading but I didn’t really want to hack my pc to do it so I have postponed the issue until windows 10 goes end of life in 2024.

Ninja and AKUMATOTENSHI like this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

https://www.pcmag.com/news/installi...require-internet-connection-microsoft-account
    Microsoft has decided that anyone installing Windows 11 Pro will need to create a Microsoft Account and have an active internet connection during setup. There will be no way to bypass them going forward.

Windows 11 Home users have been enduring this stipulation since last year, and it's one of the 10 worst things about the operating system. Thankfully you could avoid it by opting to purchase Windows 11 Pro, but in the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build (22557), Microsoft announced Pro users are going to be subject to the same requirements.

vic38, apdxyk, Ninja and 4 others like this.
  4. zdreg

zdreg

apdxyk likes this.
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I upgraded all my PCs. I do not see much of a benefit, but I do not really use the new features.

6. virtusa

virtusa

KCalhoun likes this.
  7. TheDawn

TheDawn

Ok but that still does not explain why they need to force everybody to create a Microsoft account and stay on the internet in order to do the upgrade. If this is an issue with the chip then this issue should be addressed from the hardware side, I still do not understand why creating a Microsoft Account and staying on the internet while upgrading the operating system would address a hardware issue. This to me is another hideous way for Microsoft to gain more access to potential customers and for them to push more products down people's throats. That's first, second the article says "Microsoft is trying to do its part on its platform that's most often affected by these attacks". Ok if they really want to do their part for the platform, why don't they concentrate on just creating a more secure version of their operating system instead of adding all those useless features that nobody really uses to push it down to people as another operating system version. So no, this is not Microsoft "trying to do their part for the platform"; it's them trying to make more money.

Nice spin.

8. maxinger

maxinger

both are equally lousy

if you have multiple monitors and use the DP ports,
    after you WIN LOCK your computer,
    all your displays / windows will be reshuffled without fail !!!

what hopeless Microsoft engineers.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Is it possible there is a setting somewhere in there that has some sort of "auto-arrange" or "auto-cascade" on startup setting that you might be missing?

10. ph1l

ph1l

There seem to be ways to work around the requirement for a Microsoft account to install Windows 11.

#10     Jun 1, 2022
    Sprout and DarthSidious like this.