will you not trade the ES from 12/21/07 to 1/7/08 or??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Dec 17, 2007.

1. will you not trade the ES from 12/21/07 to 1/7/08 or??...lot of thoughts and opinions flying around concerning this...OR...do you just not trade on 12/24,12/25 and 12/31,1/1/08 because of no volume...please chime in on what the ES holiday trading scenarios is looking to be...thanks in advance...many will benefit...

2. rc5781

rc5781

dude, do you have like an automated stock question generator running on your computer??

3. no, but think about it...how many are thinking the same thing?...honestly..this is a big question for many...as you notice, I do not troll or curse or rip on people...I just talk trading...thanks!

4. any takers on this?

5. bednarms

bednarms

I would definitely recommend not trading the holiday days, or the adjacent days before or after them. In this case that is a no go on 12/24, 25, and 26 - 12/31, 1/1, 1/2, 1/7-1/9. Just to be safe.

Here is another answer that may work - Don't trade any day that does not open with high volatility in the first five minutes. It indicates that market participation is low. You want volume and volatility to make trades with high winning odds. If it isn't there stay away. Hope this helps.

6. for years now i have not traded from the week prior to christmas until a week after new years....

7. ssblack

ssblack

LMAO!! Exactly what I was thinking. :D

8. You're going to blow off the whole day if you don't like the first five minutes? Wow. Tough crowd.

9. for years now i have not traded from the week prior to christmas until a week after new years....

10. tortoise

tortoise

i've spoken to one experienced e-mini trader who says christmas week is one of his favorite times to trade. good volatility, he says, and the locals are, for the most part, awol. he likened it to picking "low hanging fruit."

#10     Dec 20, 2007