Wifey Went To A Medical Conference... Came Home Positive For Covid

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Scataphagos, May 18, 2022.

1. 1. All participants were medical and related.
    2. Few wore masks (effectiveness of masks disputed)
    3. Of course she was in close contact with many
    4. 5 in her group from Children's Hospital have tested positive since the conference

Bottom Line... Covid is still "out there". Use your head. AVOID CROWDS!! (She "had to go" as a paper she submitted was accepted for presentation.)

If you get Covid, consult FLCCC website for treatments and precautions.

FWIW...

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Where was the conference at? Just curious.

3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Or go but everyone wears a medical grade mask and also avoids close contact crowding and the venue has thoughtfully implemented ventilation.

Its amazing how masks and vaccines have worked extremely well for Colombia, even in cities with a higher population density than Tokyo but somehow not in North Amercia.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. tango29

tango29

Great, one of our sons is presenting at a conference in New Orleans in July and wants one of us to come along. One of us will probably go and I guess just try to stay safe. The wife and I both had Covid back December/January and it wasn't any worse than a cold for my wife, and a bad case of the flu for me, but I can pass on getting it again.

5. Oh no, let us know when she gets the flu next, or the stomach bug which causes 4 day long marathon diarehea sessions - which was 100 times worse than COVID i had. Literally emptied my entire stomach plus half the acid inside and 10 pounds of body weight. Thank you for the insightful post. Hopefully she gets her 4th booster to protect her cause her symptoms could have been much worse.

6. CET

CET

Be thankful she hasn't tested positive for anything else. At this point we only know she may have swapped spit with someone at the conference. :rolleyes:

7. harami

harami

Yeah....amazing.
    uscaco.jpg

8. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Masks AND vaccines.

Mount stupid in the middle June 2021 was caused by the government and elite relaxing restrictions after they and their families were immunised in the US so they felt personally safe but the vaccines had not reached the general population in numbers. They also started a series of days without sales tax which resulted in large retail electronics stores being dangerously packed.

Otherwise its been remarkable. Look closer.

For a nuclear family culture with packed public transport its damned impressive.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  9. Vancouver

10. One time she came home with a case of rotchurcockoff. Claimed she got it from a bicycle seat.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    #10     May 19, 2022