Why was Al Brooks Thread Deleted

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by monty21, Sep 12, 2009.

1. All valid points, but none represent a sound reason to delete a thread.

You are a MODERATOR, not a censor.

Some of us here, btw, shredded the lack of logic behind the assumption and defended Brooks.

#11     Sep 12, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

I absolutely agree with this Gentleman

Either we can talk (no matter if we agree / disagree/ whatever) about everything trading related – or we can’t

RN

#12     Sep 12, 2009
  3. what is trading related about some guy who wrote a book which now appears on a website that contains a tiny speck of link asking for donations, and that little ditty being overblown disparagement?

you like the book? nice. you dislike the book? fine. you want to debate the merits of this book? purpose for foroums like et

someone makes the trolling leap that bookwriter traders who ask for donations are frauds? no relation to trading. now you are troll-gossiping about projections and aspersions personally.

if anyone sees that distinction, there is hope for you as a trader. anyone are lost in that distinction has no hope to succeed in this business

#13     Sep 13, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Well let’s see….

In the original thread I originally posted;

Monty21 – Good call

In a second post I stated;

I did not like the book, I read the book and did not learn anything from it – and it was a very hard to read

However I would defend anyone’s right to read it

Because who am I to censor anyone’s rights – which btw is the only point of my post you quoted

Additionally

Smilingsync posted – Some of us here, btw, shredded the lack of logic behind the assumption and defended Brooks

Others posted – Another took over his web sites and is maintaining it by asking for donations… There was a lot of misinformation….. Etc, etc, etc…

Folks should get an opportunity to see both sides of any argument traded related and decide for themselves – Like I have said multiple times…

And as Brooks did write a trading book – the topic was trading related

I have never debated the validity Brook’s trading, his web site, or anything else related to him personally … I could care less…

However I do take exception to censorship

Aside

Someone once posted my P/L was imaginary – no moderator corrected him or deleted his post – so I handled it…
    And his post was misinformation, defamatory, and a lie…

I find vast inconsistencies in what is allowed to remain and what is deleted/ censored throughout the trading section of this forum

And btw –

You are also casting aspersion and making false accusatory statements of me.

You also appear to have appointed yourself a censor of sorts

And as hope has never been a technique for anything – your entire thought process is idiotic

I wish you a wonderful day

RN

#14     Sep 13, 2009
  5. Are you Al Brooks? Posting at 5:30am lol (maybe California time haha)

Don't censor threads.

Just my two cents: The type of trading Al discusses is a brokers dream... He doesn't even mention good risk-reward ratios. I doubt he can make money... even gross w/o commissions.

He assumes candlesticks alone are sufficient to show the significance of news/events/etc. He does not mention the role of index arbs and relative strength. He does not understand that the market generally goes up 3 minutes before economic data and that candlesticks show anticipation and not confirmation because a bullish candle can drastically reverse after a bearish number.

Is it just ironic that he wrote a confusing book?

Anyhow, that's just my small critique of the book. But I am curious about my posts and membership issue.

#15     Sep 13, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Joe

You should check out some of trollbuster’s other posts

Not sure how they are trade related Sir

eta - Lot of aspersions – not much on trading content

Regards

RN

#16     Sep 13, 2009
  7. Tiger Woods is a scam artist. We all know it.

I challenged him to come to my house and play golf, for $100,000. winner take all.

I have never lifted a golf club in my life and I know I can beat him.

So because he has not responded, proves I am right.

Also proves good traders can not teach newbie traders anything.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)

#17     Sep 13, 2009
  8. my posts are as trade-related as the OP in kind offers out to the general foroum.

the thread you are whining about decayed from al brooks book to anyone with a paypal donation link is not a profitable trader. no one said you were part of the decay process. monty21 was the main accuser of said nonsense, just an extension of his aspersions that only profitable traders are shy, secretive prop operators or such

no I am not al brooks. personally, I think the book sucks myself and is more cockney than not, but thats my review. as for whether he rakes it in or not based on asking for paypal donations to a 3rd party website was probably why the thread got axed. was it really gripping enough that its disappearance left such a void in anyones life?

for once in their lives, the moderators actually pushed some appropriate buttons around here. perhaps signs of good things to come

#18     Sep 13, 2009
  9. you were innocent, collateral damage in a thread that got too far off track. welcome to the new et, where everything turns to shitstorms from 3% of the site addicts who post 50% of the content in here.

as for me? Ive been around longer than all of the trolls, and Ill remain here past all of their timely demise.

heres wishing you a wonderful week in return

#19     Sep 13, 2009
  10. TGregg

TGregg

For someone who wants all their posts deleted and their account removed, you sure are posting a lot.

#20     Sep 13, 2009