Why is this new news? A second tariff announcment?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Overnight, May 6, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. It bugs me to no end that trump says China pays tariffs.

Cuddles likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

There are articles out there that show how China doesn't actually pay the tariffs...The U.S. consumer does.

4. I know. It's always the consumer. But he keeps saying it's China. I guess if tariffs get to the point where the imported stuff is too expensive, then China does end up paying by losing that business.

5. dozu888

dozu888

thats exactly the point... so far China has not slowed down the export to the US because the currency devaluation sort of compensated for the tariff.... so in a way this IS a money transfer to the US gov.

have trust in Trump... think about all the prez as far back as you want, who else would you want to lead a negotiation like this.... nobody else can do it better.

God Bless America - the trade war is really a key play in maintaining the US dominance... too bad half the population get brain washed and don't support him.

volpri and zdave83 like this.
  6. destriero

destriero

7. Oh I'm pretty sure the China problem has been highlighted since at least 2000 from what I recall. I support it, I even understand the economic arguments about why China might pay. But the argument is like why Mexico will pay for the wall. Very annoying

8. dozu888 likes this.
  9. destriero

destriero

You’re a fucking idiot. Did you run a 1.28 GPA at Fordham too?

It’s 11-12.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. Did des just block me lol

#10     May 6, 2019