Why is Ninja Trader worth $1,000.00?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ElectricSavant, Aug 24, 2018.

1. I can see in my demo of NT7 that it has a unique bracket trading ATM feature. Their brokerage has competitive round turn rates for Futures. There is a lot of custom strategies and indicators to be shared, purchased and built.

But...

Is is worth 1k?

Why not TradeStation, MultiCharts, Sierrra Charts.

Then there is Investor R/T.

ES

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The $1,000 is for a lifetime license though. If you choose NT as your platform, and you stick with for the next 5 years, it works out to be a whopping $16 per month. Obviously, if you keep it longer than that, it works out to be even cheaper.

speedo likes this.
  3. Yes It seems like the 1K option is the best one if you choose NT.

ES

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It depends. If you choose NT Brokerage as the broker to connect to the NT platform, you don't pay anything at all for the software so why bother with a lifetime license in that case.

5. trademan1

trademan1

The free version doesn't allow you to use the advanced trade management strategy feature on their DOM. Possibly some other stuff as well you can't do on the free version.

ElectricSavant and Baron like this.
  6. They told me I could lease or buy if I connect up to brokerage? So leasing is better? If you lease you do not get the good commish rates as with the purchase? The free version still needs a data feed at $60.00/mo.

ES

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  7. Ninjatrader is versatile, it’s the only platform that fit visually together for me.

RedDuke and trademan1 like this.
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

@trademan1

Yep. You're right. Thanks for clarifying that.

9. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I tried using nt8 automation and had too many order exception issues. Also, they are not workable for FX trading with good brokers outside the US. I moved to MT5 and that worked for all my needs, and I did not have to pay $1k.

10. The lifetime license gives cheaper commissions through NT Brokerage. Lifetime, lease and free vary considerably.

https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatrader_futures_commissions.pdf

#10     Aug 24, 2018