Why I Lost Money- IMO

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, Jun 1, 2019.

1. padutrader

padutrader

it is not difficult to make money....even a simple system will make you money...like this one described here click on the image and you will be taken to face book post:

I have traded many things: moving averages, momentum cycle, Elliot wave[for 5 years I position traded Indian stock market.. held for an average of 3 months], tried Brooks price action ,Demark.....

But the main problem was I did not enjoy it because I did not understand what I was doing and did not understand the market...it was like being in a jungle, where the only thing understood,was that sooner or later,our destiny was that we would become somebody's lunch.

So around 6 months earlier I cleaned both my mind and charts and traded the markets...and traded and traded......I lost and lost and lost....I lost upwards of 30000 usd

the money got forgotten ...but the lessons are not.

Today I am confident of trading because I know how the market moved, how they show and convince you that the market is weak and going down while taking it up or vice versa:they do this every single day....

understanding something gives you confidence in that and you are not fearful of what may suddenly happen.
    if you understand what a lion is, you will not run, when he roars.....the herd of deer will graze within a 100 yards of the pride of lions because they know, unless the lions are hungry, there is nothing to fear.....

only men kill for fun.

and mock for fun: you can see enough of that in ET

I am not telling you to stop using moving averages Elliot wave fib S/R if you are happy doing those things.

I was never happy with any of those because I felt it was complicating things and I was not happy with making a little money or with having a win rate of 60%....

I knew I was losing money because I was getting fooled and I wanted to stop getting fooled so that I could make a great deal of money without any fear.

I have always understood that to have a win rate of 100% you have to find out how they were fooling me....that means analyzing and understanding myself as well as the market

this took me 12 years to do.

I am writing to explain why I did what I did and documented it here so that maybe someone will benefit and will know that there is a trading world
    outside the maze that is called technical analysis

ps: just to prove what I said above I will be posting statements everyday...in my journal...starting from market opening after the week end

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    fxcode, Trader Curt and SimpleMeLike like this.
  2. DaveV

DaveV

14 Animals that kill just for fun (including lions) :
    https://www.ranker.com/list/animals-that-kill-for-no-reason/laura-allan?page=2[/QUOTE]

Nobert and padutrader like this.
  3. ET180

ET180

I'm happy to hear about your success. Thanks for sharing.

How do the deer know if the lions are hungry?

padutrader likes this.
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Yeah, that only humans kill for fun is one of the dumbest statements floating the internet. I watched many times my cats torture than kill weaker animals they wouldn't eat later.
    Funny part is they tend to let their prey get some power back peacefully once they are already well weakened, as they seem to have much more fun when their prey is running or bouncing around. They are so disappointed when the animal is dead and won't get up anymore, they throw it in the air, kindda saying :

"Come on, get up ! Play with me!"

Very cute but also sadistic animals. Upsets me quite bit when they let a mouse go btw.

DaveV, padutrader and p0box4 like this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

I lose money, when I trade STUPID, I make money when I trade CLEVER, tricky part is always trading CLEVER!!

damnpenguins and oraclewizard77 like this.
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

When I went to Africa last fall, I actually saw this. Lions and prey hanging out together Lion King style.

ET180, padutrader and Trader Curt like this.
  8. volpri

volpri

Paducah...

If u believe in market manipulation and that it takes place everyday and that THEY are out to GET the retail trader everyday..all day long..then study George Douglas Taylor’s book the Taylor Trading Technique. While he describes the manipulation from a daily TF ...JUST transpose those concepts to intraday TF’s. If it helps donate to a local charity as you told another poster....:caution:

I personally find it humorous to think they are sitting around watching 1 min..2 min..5 min...15..min..30 min..60...ad nauseum...charts with tel in hand to other institutions making a conspiracy between them as to the exact moment when to spring traps on each of the time frames to screw the retail traders out of their puny $$$. Does anyone realize the extent of the coordination that would have to take between institutions to do so? Besides they would be ripping each other off in the conspiracies as they are after each others $$$$.

There are way too many players and movers in the market for “all day” intraday manipulation to be taking place on every TF. The institutions are trying to take money from each other. The price action that appears on the intraday charts are a picture of the pressures that are taking place as the bullish and bearish institutions hammer it out. One wins for a while then the other wins. Any bull or bear traps are just phenomena that takes place (not conspired) as these institutions trade and push the market around with their buying and selling.

We, as retail traders, can no more get a handle on manipulation than we can using TA. It all comes down to POSSIBILITIES based upon PROBABILITIES and even that is NOT perfect. If a retail trader can get 60% probability out of a setup within a certain environment or context then they have an edge. To hope for more is wishful thinking. Nevertheless, there are fleeting moments of 80% or even 90% but they usually last seconds and quickly disappear. And by the time that 80% or 90% show up much of the time most of the move is over anyways.

While I am sure some manipulation happens..front..running..etc and some on larger TF’s it is a bit much to think that all these institutions and brokers are all sitting around watching these little time frames and conspiring with each other when to spring the traps and gobble up the tiny retail traders “en masse.”

If traps, or what appears to be deception, seemingly takes place on these rinky dink TF’s it is really just all coincidental as the pressures play out when bullish and bearish institutions are shoving the market around. What appears to be a bull trap on a 5 min time frame is a bull micro channel followed by a reversal on a 1 min and just an up and down movement on a 15 min chart.

I know...I know..a retail trader enters ...takes a position..and two seconds later the market slams against him. Drives down to his stop loss ..takes him out ...and before he can finish gulping his first swallow of coffee down it reverses and goes a goodly way up into where his PT was. So, he is left sitting there bewildered as to what happened as it seems to be apparent to him that he did in fact have the direction correct but just got stopped out. MANIPULATION is the word that flows across his mental projector screen. And the institutional players are all leaned way back in their easy reclining desk chairs roaring with laughter about how they screwed that little tiny retail trader out of 100 bucks.

IMO LEARN TO READ WHICH SIDE IS WINNING AND HOW TO CALCULATE THE PROBABILITIES THAT THEY WILL CONTINUE WINNING ENOUGH FOR YOU TO JUMP ON BOARD, FOR ENOUGH OF THE RIDE, TO MAKE SOME SNACK MONEY.

ROFLMAO

PennySnatch and Mysteron like this.
  9. volpri

volpri

Perhaps through a phone call or facebook communication...maybe twitter as Mr T is quite the lion and he likes twitter...

#10     Jun 1, 2019
    themickey likes this.