Why does Paulson sound like a CEO of a company about to go bankrupt.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond tr4der, Nov 12, 2008.

1. :confused:

2. Please move this to "Chit-Chat".

3. Didn't Congress pass a plan that outlined certain uses for the TARP funds? Paulson has completely done a 180 and decided that buying troubled assets is going to be too difficult and instead they are just going to take equity stakes in companies (both financial and nonfinancial institutions). Not only that but he is now asking for more money!

IS THE GENERAL PUBLIC BLIND? THE GOVERNMENT IS TAKING COMPLETE CONTROL OF COMPANIES! OUR SYSTEM IS BEING NATIONALIZED WITHOUT MUCH PROTEST.

4. "The bailout bonanza has gotten so big and happened so fast it's the true cost often gets lost in the discussion. Maybe Hank Paulson and Ben Bernanke prefer it that way because the tally so far is nearly $3.5 trillion, and that's before a likely handout for the auto industry." - Yahoo Finance

WTF? :eek:

5. The problem is -- with Mine AND Your money -- the government isn't dictating the terms and how they can spend the money. If you just GIVE these drunken sailors taxpayers money they've proven what they'll do with it ala AIG. Your above statements contradict. Its like giving your brother in law 5000 dollars to hold for you and he comes back ...zoom zoom, look at the motorcycle I just bought, whatdaya think of it. When you've proven you don't need a baby sitter then you can have responsibility ...with my money. With yours you can do what you want. Maybe Paulson wants to get one more fast ball past the batter so he has a place to land when he leaves office. Monitor where he lands.

6. He lands.........................................................................................in jail