Why does clicking the Bid/Ask sometimes create an order row but other times an order ticket window?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by d0rian, Mar 16, 2020.

1. d0rian

d0rian

This oddity has bothered me for ages, so hopefully someone can just put it to bed for me: clicking the Bid or Ask price on a ticker row in TWS during market hours always creates an order row beneath the ticker row.

HOWEVER, I often want to create GTC orders after-hours, either to submit them then or have them queued up for when the market opens the next day. But when I click the Bid or Ask price on the Ticker row, around half the time it creates the typical Order row (like during market hours), but for some symbols it will spawn a cumbersome Order Ticket window that I have to jump from field to field to fill in (instead of just entering all data on the Order Row).

Anyone know why this is?? I can't figure any rhyme or reason to why some tickers do this and others don't? I always just want the Order Row since it's so much faster to populate...

2. gmcpwr12

gmcpwr12

Try the following:

Go to global configuration, presets, stocks, change primary order default to market.