Why are you trying to achieve the impossible?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Peblo, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Peblo

Peblo Guest

Your efforts are futile. If you have no wealthy friends, no professional experience at a big bank or fund, no BIG money to trade then... THERE IS NO POINT ATTEMPTING TO LIVE OFF TRADING! Only feeding on other people's money makes sense in this business.
    No external capital = no profit big enough to make sense. Simple. Even if you go to a "prop firm" you have to put down capital. For many years I was under the illusion that I will find investors but now I am older and know it was all b**it.

2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

athlonmank8, IAS_LLC and jtlexington like this.
  3. traider

traider

What are you doing now to repair the damage? What is your current plan now?

4. speedo

speedo

You are not the first to fall on your face, what happens next defines your character.

KDASFTG, Seaweed, ps0013 and 8 others like this.
  5. Dazz

Dazz

Try a futures trade room that actually trades in real time, with 100% transparency, posts a detailed track record of all trades and averages > $50/3 contract over the past 3 months; Trade for Greatness, Polaris Trade Group for example.

6. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

So what are your metrics then?

I would never find investors even if I wanted because my record is shit w.r.t. to risk adjusted return (despite arguably profitable). So I trade my own $$$.

fan27 likes this.
  7. gaussian

gaussian

I do it because I beat the market and I find it fun. I’d do it for free if it was a video game. I’m not trying to get rich. If I can return 20% every year until I retire I’d be ecstatic.

It sounds like in your senility you never realized that trading is just another game to play. If you can make a living out of it, good for you. For myself and everyone else it beats the hell out of going to the tracks to bet on horses after work.

comagnum, fan27, Nobert and 2 others like this.
  8. Dazz

Dazz

that is good Snuskpelle; the examples I gave are traders, not investors; I though this thread was about trading.

9. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

I do a bit of both really, not sure how it leads to this response (assume you thought I responded to you when I am responding to OP). The main point of my post was to see if he can even explain/quantify how good he is. Your advice is good.

10. Peblo

Peblo Guest

You do not understand how the world works - you have connections and luck, you get your 2% a year, you blow up, set up another fund and so on. Trading your own small funds is pointless:
    - everyone tries to screw you and is not treating you seriously, from your broker to your own f***ng dog
    - your retail internet connection and platform goes down at the worst possible time
    - the companies you invested all your hard-worked-and-saved-abroad-living-in-the-basement funds in which was in existence for 70 years, was visited by W. Buffett and B. Gates together, were no. 2 and no. 3 in their industry in the world have gone bust in the same year months apart and your shares were f*** cancelled - Chapter 11 -> USA = LAND OF CROOKS; both companies now doing great, making great profits for their new owners, doing EXACTLY the same operations as before. YOU WERE GOING TO NEED THESE FUNDS FOR YOUR TRADING BUSINESS. Now, gone! Try to stand up after falling again and again and being f**ed by everyone in every effort you make...

#10     Feb 17, 2020