Whole threads on ET now dont make sense anymore

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Millionaire, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Millionaire

Millionaire

This is very strange behaviour that because another user blocks you, your enjoyment for the forums is impacted.

This isn't a problem if the person who has blocked you doesnt post much, but if they are a prolific poster it is a problem.

Many threads on ET often don't make sense because certain prolific members have me on block. As many posts and/or quote fragments on these threads are missing.

Could we please at least have some blurb, that instead of just hiding blocked text, instead says 'you cannot see this post or quote because you are blocked from reading it'.

Actually it doesnt even have to be post based, it could be just a warning on the top of each page something like 'Please Note: Some of the posts below are missing or incomplete because you are blocked from reading them'

I am not asking for the other way, where it says you cannot see this message because you have person X ignored. I can see why you would not want to even know someone you have actively ignored has even posted.

I am talking about when you are blocked by someone else through no action of your own. In this case I DO want to know if i could be missing relevant information on the thread. Otherwise i am wasting my time reading those posts.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

A quick solution for you would be making another nick and using it in "read only/lurking" mode. Or try not to piss off the blockers if you decide to post under the new name.

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you are blocked by someone else it is entirely because of some action of your own.

Cuddles likes this.
  4. virtusa

virtusa

I blocked so many people that I cannot even read any posting in this thread. :D
    All previous postings are from people I have blocked.

Cuddles likes this.
  5. Millionaire

Millionaire

Not always, sometimes it is because they just don't like your posts. Not because of trolling.

In this case a simple ignore would have worked fine for them, but they use full block instead. There is no downside for the person selecting the block option, it does not effect them at all, so its easily picked when wasnt really needed.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  6. Millionaire

Millionaire

I don't mind the Block mechanism so much. Just it would be good if it was more clear when it is in effect.

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Its very simple.

If you truly do not want to miss any relevant information from those that are blocking you...

Read the forum without logging in.

wrbtrader

8. TimMykes

TimMykes

why would they block a master of the universe ?

9. lindq

lindq

Ask the Romans.

10. Millionaire

Millionaire

As a kid who grew up in the 70s and 80s, I could never take the term 'master of the unvierse' seriously when i first heard it in the 1990s being applied to top Wall street traders.

[​IMG]

#10     Oct 8, 2020