Who should I ignore?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by digitalnomad, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Ok. Due to the abundance of diarrhea on this site, I’ve decided to go on an ignore campaign. Let’s actively post who you feel should be ignored and why. I won’t get offended if I make the list, but would appreciate constructive criticism. In many cases I’ve kindly placed members on ignore for lack of conciseness, but not necessarily poor content.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Donald Trump?

3. tomorton

tomorton

I'm thinking of ignoring TDMA. He asks who is an accredited trader on this site. This clearly makes a difference to him so the implication is he will go on to treat non-accredited traders less favourably or ignore them altogether. Maybe he has a positive reason for asking this - we'll soon know.

tommcginnis and Xela like this.
  4. abundance of diarrhea ...lol

i remember the effect when i was on a diet

5. TDMA stays. Although a little cocky, he has IMO some good industry knowledge.

6. Lee-

Lee-

Saltynuts? Me? I don't know really.

Saltynuts is one of the most prolific thread starters the last couple months, however I've noticed that as of late he's migrated from asking easily googleable questions to regurgitating mindless bullshit as replies to other people's questions. Truly a step in a direction.

Me? I'm just a random nobody. I have no idea why anyone would care what I have to say about anything, and in particular, the topic of who to ignore.

7. Depends whether you're asking about trading or political threads.

For trading.... that's difficult. Not a high percentage of successful traders on ET.... most grappling with trying to become one.

For political... if you're a Constitutional Conservative, ignore all of the Lefty-Commie types. And vice versa.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  8. Whoa! I thought you to be a capitalist!

9. Good idea. He’s out. Maybe he will read this and hopefully rid himself.

10. Xela

Xela

I'd been wondering about that, too.

For the moment, I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt: I think his agenda is maybe only "self-aggrandizement" rather than "self-promotion". I think the distinction between the two is a significant one (and I'd think the moderators might, too?).

I've also noticed that he sometimes pastes duplicate content from "Quora" into the forum, in responding to threads (I think it's probably content he's originally written himself, though: I'm not suggesting that he's stealing it).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    #10     Apr 25, 2018
    zdreg likes this.