which platform to use with AMPfutures+cqg

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Mr.Sir, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir

Hi Folks,

So I decided to go with AMPfutures and get CQG data feed. Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation regarding which platform to use?

AMP offers many for free but i guess it comes down to what i need, here is a short list of things I would like to have:

1) multi-monitor support: open several charts and place them on different monitors.
    2) order entry/exit through hotkeys: including preset number of contracts.
    3) black background for charts: white just fries my eyeballs

as side; are there any known issues with CQG? reliability, quality...anything? please share.

much obliged

2. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

I personally prefer and use Sierra Chart, although I've used many other platforms in the past. I'm also currently using Rithmic data feed. I had some issues with CQG's feed in the past and Rithmic seems to run a bit faster but I think you'll be ok with CQG, many are! Multicharts is also pushed by AMP pretty hard and should give you what you need.

3. Don't know about "hot keys" as I don't use them, but everything else is good to go with Sierra. (Preset number of contracts through the DOM.)

You can test-drive platforms before settling on one.

(I used MetaStock for years before it got to be to much trouble.... DRM, you know. MS vs. Sierra... plusses and minuses on features... neither is perfect/ideal, but both very good if they cover what you want.)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  4. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

I would absolutely recommend testing them each before deciding. Multicharts would be free to you and Sierra has a trial. Keyboard shortcuts can be set in GLOBAL SETTINGS -> CUSTOMIZE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS.