Which Platform is best???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bonds, Feb 16, 2006.

1. bonds

bonds

Im going to be starting at a prop firm and have a choice of the following... Omni Pro, Sterling Pro, Real Tick, and Laser.

Which one of these do you think is best? Are there others out there that are better than these platforms?

Thanks

2. Since I used all of them here you go
    Omni Pro -garbage
    sterling very good all gateways but expensive
    realtick good for basic trading esp nasdaq.
    laser very good problem is it lacks some gateways as well their not great on NYSE because of some of their gateway problems

Depending on what your looking for I would probably take sterling because they have every single gateway .Laser and realtick second and Omni a java based system is garbage
    hope this helps

02-17-06 12:04 AM

Im going to be starting at a prop firm and have a choice of the following... Omni Pro, Sterling Pro, Real Tick, and Laser.

Which one of these do you think is best? Are there others out there that are better than these platforms?

3. Truff

Truff

Realtick is much better than sterling. The others i haven't used.

4. Laser, by far.

What do you mean, not enough gateways for for listed?
    They have 3 lines to the floor. + Nasdaq's DOT as wel

5. bonds,

which firm is offering all these, btw? pm me if you wish.

i've used laser, realtick and omni pro. they're all about the same except laser was free for me. so strictly in terms of cost, laser was the best. realtick has good charting options but the server went down more so than others. laser was probably the fastest in execution. i've had the least problem w/ omni pro believe it or not. i dont like java-based platforms but it seems to be pretty stable, probably b/c i update my computer w/ the latest java release.

i recommend testing out the demos and see which one YOU prefer.