Which platform for novice

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Robertwiz, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hello, I am a relative newcomer to intraday trading. I have a trading system based on the 15 minute timechart that makes several trades a day in Forex, ES, and sometimes bond or crude oil futures. My questions are the following:

1. Which piece of software is best for futures and forex automated intradaytrading: Metatrader, FXCM strategy trader, ninja trader, MATTlab, wealthlab, Tradestation, etc?

2. What is your general opinion and experience with Tradestation in terms of testing and executing intraday systems?

3. Including the Tradestation language, which languages should be learned before programing an automatic trading system.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. feyri

feyri

I'm in a similair situation and am curious what answers you get. My research has lead me to believe that Tradestation is the best. Unfortunately to trade ES, Bonds, and Crude on Tradestation you will have to subscribe to the CME, CBOT and NYMEX data feeds which it appears will cost you $180/month!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206957

3. feyri

feyri

I'm in a similair situation and curious to see what answers you get. My research leads me to believe that Tradestation is the best technology solution. Unfortunately their data costs for futures are high. To trade ES, Bonds & Crude your going to have to subscribe to the CME, CBOT and NYMEX live price feeds which will cost you $180/month!

I started a thread to clarify this a few days ago in the software forum. ("Tradestation, cost, & which broker to use"). I would link it but then my post would get blocked!