Which Lobby Group Is Strongest..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 10, 2009.

Which is the most powerful lobby group in America?

1. NEA

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Oil Lobby

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Ag Lobby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AIPAC

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  5. NRA

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Military Contractors

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. The Pentagon

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Banking

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. Insurance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Prescription Drug Companies

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  11. Pro Environmental Lobby

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  12. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. "Where do you get the notion that all groups should be equally represented in all walks of life?"

Representative democracy...

It has to do with the nature of power and how people have eternally abused it for self purposes rather than for the good of all concerned. Not having a genuine representative democracy for all people takes away the necessary checks and balances that are necessary in a truly United States of America.

"Jealousy, xenophobia, anti semitism."

I really think you are self absorbed enough to actually believe that...and you probably believe that jews and Jews were, and are nothing but innocent victims who played no role at all in what happened to them in the past, present, and future...

People can look back to the past to establish an identity, they can look to the present, or they can look to the future.

Or they could just live in the here and now as a human being first and member of a particular tribe secondly...

It is most revealing for people to honestly fill in the blank of the following:

I am a(n) __________.

People who fill the blank with their ethnicity, culture, nationality, race, specific religion or cult, social status, gender, income, profession, offspring, relationship, etc. are not self actualized by any measure...nor do they tend to be very interesting human beings...

If you measure and identify yourself by comparison or contrast with any other group, you are just another primitive tribal thinker...

#51     Apr 14, 2009

2. If you want to actually reply to my post the proper way you have to address the points I raised instead of replying with snippets and snide remarks.

The reasons for historical persecution of jews frequently fall into following categories:

"They killed jesus" I don't give a damn about this one.
    "They are dishonest, don't want to work with hands, profit unfairly from lending money" I don't want to work with hands either because nature gave me a brain(and I am not a jew). don't want to borrow money, don't borrow money.

Have you ever wondered why nobody talks about strikingly beautiful english women or english cuisine?

Groups do exist and they are real and they frequently have real and unique properties. Hofstede's dimensions come in play here.

#52     Apr 14, 2009
  3. Israel needs US:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1239633076339&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Amid mounting fears that the funding for the Arrow will be cut, Defense Minister Ehud Barak will meet on Thursday with New York Congresswoman Nita Lowey, who serves as the chair of the Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, responsible for approving the funding for the continued development of the Arrow 3.

Lowey will be in Israel as part of a congressional delegation, but officials said her meeting with Barak was of extreme importance in light of the indecision regarding the continued funding of the Arrow 3.

Israel is hoping to secure some $150 million to continue development of the system by Israel Aerospace Industries and Boeing.

#53     Apr 14, 2009