Which Broker Is The Best For Options Traders?

Discussion in 'Options' started by archon, Apr 24, 2008.

1. archon

archon

Came across a very interesting discussion on this topic that has been raging for quite a while:
    Broker Smackdown: Think or Swim vs. Options House vs. OptionsXpress vs. Trade King

I tend to favor optionsXpress, although Options House has been tempting me lately with their flat rates.

Of course, that thread opened up a whole can of worms about which has the best tools, executions, etc. I won't rehash the whole thread here, but it certainly brought up a lot of topics that I hadn't previously considered...

2. MTE

MTE

I'd say thinkorswim's trading platform is hard to beat.

3. rickf

rickf

I trade options at OXPS, and think their options platform is fine for my needs. Outstanding customer service, too.

I don't use OXPS for futures anymore, but still do my options there.

4. what about the commission price? Many beat them.

5. rosy2

rosy2

thinkorswim had some promo video and there CFO was walking around. She had me at hello.

6. MTE

MTE

Commissions are negotiable, besides commissions are not at the top of my list when I choose a broker.

7. MTE

MTE

:D

8. They told me they cannot match IB's commission. I think they should try harder on this one.

9. IB has better executions, better commissions and better interest paid than Think or Swim. TOS is prettier though. Since money is more important to me than beauty, I go with IB.

10. IB has better executions, better commissions and better interest paid than Think or Swim. TOS is prettier though. Since money is more important to me than beauty, I go with IB.

#10     Apr 25, 2008