Where would you trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thetrendfollowe, Sep 29, 2009.

1. I heard somewhere like Geneva would be nice.

I think the main considerations here are:
    1. Tradeability: stability, speed, reliability, cost of internet.
    2. Liveability: Quality of life and standard of living. whats there to do in your free time? bars, cafes, restaurants, nightlife, beaches, sports, etc.3.
    3. Taxes: how much of your profits do you keep?
    4. Are the times you trade user freindly? ie, do you have to wake up at 3am to trade the open? Or does it open at a more leisurely 11am?

My understanding is that if you are in Europe/Medditeranian, then the US markets would generally open at a favourable time for you.

Thoughts?

Any other suggestions on nice spots that meet the top4 criteria? (Or at least the top3, the fourth it depends on the market you trade obviously)

Monaco probably still tops the list.

#11     Sep 29, 2009
  2. Nah Europe is not good for trading US times. Start 2:30 pm and goes on until 9:00pm. Later in France/Switzerland

Monaco: Have you ever looked at real estate there? Small and VERY expensive. I think it's the most expensive in the world.

Dubai is 0% tax but would you want to live there? I wouldn't.

#12     Sep 30, 2009
  3. Dogfish

Dogfish

I moved to Dubai from London, it's good hours for eurex and I like the heat. 25-35 for about 10 months but 47 was peak in July, toasty! It's not a cheap place to live though. Good bars good beaches and good shopping, oh and 11,000 emirates air hostesses mainly aussies and safas :cool:

#13     Sep 30, 2009
  4. Not so bad.

After the close you go out, party hard and rock on.
    Get home 5am sleep till 12, Have brunch then trade.

Sounds like the life.

#14     Sep 30, 2009
  5. Aaron

Aaron

There's nothing stopping me from trading anywhere in the world, so I choose to trade from... Wisconsin!

My family lives here. My kids go to school here. I like my community and church. It's in the United States with all the freedoms and legal protections we enjoy. There're good health care facilities and doctors. I can buy most anything I want and get most any repair or services from the many local stores and companies. The utilities (natural gas, electric, telephone, and internet) are extremely reliable. There are even people who deliver mail and packages right to my house! There's a great interstate system and a nearby international airport. I've got good soil, clean air, and my well water is pure. It's awesome here!

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#15     Sep 30, 2009
  6. Horses for courses.
    Im 25, single, so different circumstances.

#16     Sep 30, 2009
  7. Podimer

Podimer

Even though the hours force a somewhat vampiric lifestyle if trading U.S.equities, there is still nowhere I would rather be than Bangkok, Thailand. Right now, it opens at 8:30 p.m. and closes at 3 a.m. but in the lunch break, here from 10:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., you can wander the busy streets, grab some eats, hit a bar (though drowning my awareness in alcohol doesn't work well for me) or just find a femme or freak to chat with.

The internet works as well as my connection in the states (though i do have a backup, just in case) so few worries there.
    Overall, I like the restaurants, the heat, the Buddhist vibes (perhaps difficult to FEEL in the girlie bars) and the easy breezy culture, in general:cool:

#17     Oct 1, 2009
  8. djmanu

djmanu

Already thought to it and I was looking for a large tropical city in a rich country, global city, world financial center, multi-cultural, great nightlife, beaches, very low tax, efficient gov, easy visa issues, tolerant ... and you know what .. I found that city: Singapore is the answer ... :)

#18     Oct 1, 2009
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Winter!!!

#19     Oct 1, 2009
  10. Vail.

#20     Oct 1, 2009