where to find coding gigs for traders?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by jjk2, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jjk2

jjk2

I'm a software developer trading experience looking for coding gigs in the trading space. I have some trading experience and aware of trading topics. If you have any coding done, please private message me.

2. marsman

marsman

Can you translate that into english so that we know what you mean.... :D
    Are you looking for other coders? Or are you looking for coding projects?

Siddharth Krishnan likes this.
  3. efinancialcareers.com

4. Sig

Sig

Coding in the financial world requires a high level of attention to detail. While you may be a brilliant coder, the general incoherence of your post either reflects a lack of attention to detail, i.e. reading what you wrote before you post, or perhaps English as a second language. If it's the latter, you're just on the wrong side of fluency for this kind of job. Most of us are happy to fill in broken grammar, but again in finance we can't have misunderstanding of what you're saying and your post could be interpreted in two mutually exclusive ways.

VPhantom and marsman like this.
  5. XOr fit in perfectly at global banks trying to cut costs.

6. kmiklas

kmiklas

7. jjk2

jjk2

Thank you for your concern. I can see why you might have been irked, it could have been more clear.

Regardless, I've had people who were happy with my work in the past so I'm confident I can deliver.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  8. jjk2

jjk2

I definitely could've worded it better. I'm not looking for employment just small projects to work on.

I was fishing to see if any traders had any coding gigs they might be interested in outsourcing like prototyping apps, automating trades etc.

If anyone's interested, please send me a private message.

9. marsman

marsman

What is your qualification? How much experience do you have? Which language? Which compiler? Which OS? Which platform(s)? Which broker API(s)?
    Are you a GUI type or more a low-level type? ...
    And what about network programming experience?

Maybe you are "fishing" in wrong waters for some "gigs" :) You better should trash that degenerated slang sh*t.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  10. 2rosy

2rosy

here's 2 gigs for you. I have a c# wpf gui and I need it refactored to use caliburn.micro mvvm.
    Also, I need the intellij erlang plugin to use rebar3 insterad of rebar.

#10     Jul 19, 2016