Where is the money coming from?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 2, 2020.

1. haha... that isn't necessarly a bad thing.

#91     Jan 3, 2020
  2. padutrader

padutrader

I have no clue bout Dow or S&P only that it is massively up for the last few years...….the main thing as everyone knows is the trend.....it does over extend sometimes...….but it is only thing that matters if you are a trader.

if you are an investor a rather simple way is to check price to earnings ratio

#92     Jan 3, 2020
  3. %%
    OK;
    sorry you missed my point; US. stock market had great uptrends for over 100 years before the FED was formed in 1913.I see your points of order; you see mine??

#93     Jan 5, 2020
  4. drcha

drcha

There are probably plenty of people keeping it in safe deposit boxes. Yes, it's on a list of things you can't put in safe deposit boxes, but no one checks.

#94     Jan 9, 2020
    ironchef likes this.
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Hey, you and I are noobs too.

#95     Jan 11, 2020
  6. ironchef

ironchef

That is a very profound statement. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

#96     Jan 11, 2020
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Welcome back!

Where have you been?

#97     Jan 11, 2020
  8. notagain

notagain

AAPL using its cash to buy back shares, retail fear of missing out ETF fund inflows, Feds low interest rates for large caps, allowing them to buy back shares.

#98     Jan 12, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. %%
    That + diVidends;
    that + 4th quarter trends =Up, eVen if only caught part of it. EEM is up; benchmarks like SPY/S&P 500 + copper are up. EVen to day, not that one day means much ,sellers selling raising cash is small; looks like they are aiming for more dividends in QQQ, SPY. NOT a stock /ETF tip..................................................................................A debt ridden co [191% debt ] like TSLA ,,with a $40 million SEC can claW back any capital gains ultra quick, just like lousy earnings has + does.But one TSLA monkey dont stop no shoW/trend .

#99     Jan 13, 2020
    comagnum likes this.