Where is Don Bright these days????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Agassi, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Agassi

Agassi

Hello,

There used to be a time when Don Bright used to post the results of his Opening Only strategies here. I don't see that any more. Also, I know that Don use to actively participate on these threads. I don't see that any more. So where is Don Bright these days? Why is he not actively participating any more? What about those OO strategies? They don't work any more? IS daytrading dead? Just curious.

I haven't seen his posts lately...

Where are you Don Bright?

Thanks,

2. TGregg

TGregg

He's one of the Bright Brothers that started Bright Trading. Last time I checked, somebody else ran the place.

I met Don Bright about five or six years ago, kinda felt like he was gearing up for retirement or a change of profession or something.

3. Arnie

Arnie

I think they made Rob Friesen the President of BT. He also runs pairtrader.com.

I met him when I was at BT many moons ago. Sharp guy.

Bob and Don were both in the their '60's then so I'm sure they are retired.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Don suffered from some health problems over the past few years, so I think that those problems along with his age and the ever-changing state of the industry pretty much sucked the passion for this business right out of him. They used to have a training program and the last time I talked to him, he said they weren't doing "many schools and all that boring stuff" any more.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah last time I talked to him his health was not too good. I'll try to get an update. I miss our debates.

6. hughb

hughb

A few years ago he posted about having cancerous tumors removed from his scalp. Maybe he was sick?

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Alright, now I'm a little worried about him, he has turned off his PMs on ET so he can't receive them. That's sacrilegious in his world. I sent him a private e-mail. I hope he responds. Baron, I assume you have not heard anything? Is he still a sponsor here?

8. Agassi

Agassi

Well I figured some thing like this must have happened....

I hope that he has recovered. Does his elder brother still trade? Doesn't he make like $25 million per year?

9. He still writes a TAofS&C column. But then I think most of those mag articles are written months earlier.

He's probably just scaling back some activities.

10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Daytrading is far from dead. But I do miss having threads like the original OPG thread you mentioned. That was fun to pay attention to. I know Lescor still does some openings, but he doesn't post much anymore. And last I read, his OPG strategy accounted for a small percentage of his yearly profits. 20% of his net or something like that. But keep in mind, he is an expert at them. I don't even try them anymore.

#10     Aug 2, 2014