Where I can get for free ES Emini quotes?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by juangecko, May 27, 2004.

1. Don't they take a credit card number and don't charge during the free trial...

This prevents the abuse of free trials based on email accounts ???

A possible solution is to try all the data providers out there that offer a free trial...

Surely a new trader can save several months worth of full fees (except for the exchange fees)...

My guess...about 5 to 7 months worth.

Downside to that is you'll constantly be reconfiguring your setup and have to deal with a software learning curve each time you switch.

Yet, at the end of all those months.

You can then go back and start paying for the one you really like.

I did that once with ISP's years ago prior to T1, cable and dsl reaching my area of residence...

I had about a year of free 56k modem access before they came out with cable internet...

Thee old days.

Then when cable came to my area...I was so happy...I paid a year in advance at one time.

A few months later...dsl showed up...I paid for that also a year in advance at one time.

Had T1 been available...I probably would have done the same :cool:

NihabaAshi

#11     May 28, 2004
  2. Juangecko,

What exactly are you looking for?

I mean...realtime streaming data with charts or just realtime quotes without charts.

Geesh...open up a futures account and you'll have all the free Emini data you want...some with charting...

Although the charting may not be great looking.

Note: Some brokers may charge a inactive trading monthly fee...usually no more than $10.

If you don't have the funds to open a futures account with a broker...

Your stuck with delayed data and most of them are just quotes and not streaming.

Something else...CME charges a fee and such is passed on to data vendors.

Thus, its deceptive to many newbies.

A newbie see the words free trial, free realtime data...

They start to sign up and then realize they have to pay the exchange fees...

Rarely free unless you have charisma and persuaded an account sales exec to waive that fee :cool:

Last of all, if you really cannot afford realtime streaming data...

You shouldn't be trading.

If your not trading...just learn from the delay data...

That's really free...no exchange fees.

NihabaAshi

#12     May 28, 2004
  3. I like Nihaba's ideas, but I like mine better. All he would need to do is steal someone's credit card info, and use it to apply for the trial! Come on, you gotta be creative.

All seriousness aside, I was making the same point. If you can't afford to pay $100/month for decent quotes and charts, you shouldn't be trading. And if you aren't actually trading, you don't need real-time data.

Might check out one of the simulators, which feed the quotes in their platform. PFGBest used to have a good one.

#13     May 28, 2004