When was your last "system tweak"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Leob, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Leob

Leob

Hello everyone.
    When was your last system tweak?
    Why you give up old ones?
    Do you execute same routine?
    This routine, was shaped after how many years?
    For me..
    After almost 5 years of educate and training my self.. I didn't modified my way of interpate price action for 2 whole weeks. It's great !!
    I lose and win in the same way. Just enjoy to execute the trade in the right spot for.
    I think it's a good sign..
    What about you guys..
    Tweaking??

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. MACD

MACD

Why fix ("tweak") what is not broke?

smallfil likes this.
  3. Leob

Leob

From day 1 ?

4. tomas262

tomas262

I evolve every day as a trader. That's why I love this business. Tweaking and continuous improvement is a part of the path and evolution. But once you have it hold tight :)

5. %%
    Shaped?? OVer 200 + years of stock market data.
    I did take some profits off my worst performing3x tech ETF/etn + in that case \never reentered yet\ like i tend to do.....................................................................
    Good thing about inverse ETFs, they keep me from '' tweaking\ meddling'' with long ETFs profits:caution::caution:[ I found research more valuable than tweaking/your results may differ??]
    Live long + prosper.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Am building new system for ES cause my average profit per trade has gone below one tick on automation due to ES being over 3500 points. So while developing, back testing and manually trading it, every weekend is scanning past weeks result to see what to tweak. And since my memory is not as good as 30 years ago, taking me longer to get the rules down. I am firm believer that if I can't manually trade system, it should not be programmed.

Automation runs on weekends or monthly and makes it own tweaks, but seldom much happens. Nothing long term is changed but scalping and day trading.

yc47ib and Leob like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

No, I feel that is totally the wrong approach. If you cannot remember the system, that is why you program it! So you don't HAVE to remember it! Oy!

8. I tweak almost every quarter, the tweaking is not huge
    It generally something that I've seen over and over for a long time and then i begin to test it (back-test)
    Once i have enough data showing that its giving me less losses and more wins
    i then live test it with a small capital to see how it performs and after is passes that
    its gets printed and sits on my desk
    brushing through it everyday before i start my session.

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

I would agree with you if it was same kind approaches I have used before, but with new system, am using completely new concepts and two indicators before could never accomplish consistency. Back testing shows differences of consistency right at 3500 ES where they work better above ES values. This system is using more of comparisons between ES and other instruments to generate divergences and thereby signals. So it is a matter of tweaking rules as I get use to patterns I have not done before while I am manually trading it. So even trend trades, signals are opposite of momentum but 2/3rds of signals are counter trend which some are toughest to get down. Even though messing up some signals, can see potential.

I have always used this approach in past, much easier to have well defined rules for programmer.

10. Pezza

Pezza

I think we all evolve as traders over time. You need to learn to evolve and adapt your trading style to work with the times. Can't say there was a specific 'tweak' but I have definitely changed since starting out.

#10     Oct 31, 2021