When was the last time we had a mixed market??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Rickshaw Man, Jul 6, 2021.

1. When was the last time we had a mixed market??

Dow falls NDX 100 rises, this keeps going on. Was it the late 90s ?

Axon and murray t turtle like this.
  2. %%
    Actually happens all the time;
    like the public profitable Dow daytrader noted /quoted ''Dow is correlated to itself'' Good points.
    I seldom if ever buy as much DDM/udow /as sso or SPXL................................................

3. maxinger

maxinger

you have asked similar questions before.
    We have already responded to your questions.

Obviously, you are not putting effort to read the answer
    or you don't bother to seek further clarification.

and you just want to vent your frustration.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. I seem to remember Maria Barairamo saying something like the Dow has been going sideways for years while the Nasdaq is setting all-time highs. My charts don't go back that far or I would look for myself. I'm sure some folks on here can remember back in the late 90s..97,98,99.

5. Right here, 98,99

Screenshot 2021-07-06 113501.jpg

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

In 2021, history begins on the birthday of the person questioning/researching. Prior to that date is not valid as it is just hearsay and racist.

Axon and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    LOL Sounds like he is to bearish on NQ or qqq,QLD. Just a guess.
    DOW tends to underperform QQQ,SPY,spxl,TQQQ . IN 50 years DOW may beat SPY or qqq/seldom happens, but could happen this year. I have LOL in public on naming an etf/ SPLV, but did sell some today/longs, SPYG is beating SPLV+ DIA.........................................................................................

8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

2017-2019 most value stocks did fuck all and energy and mining cratered. Meanwhile IT rallied huge. As I've said many, many times on here since March 2020, I had no problem finding value when some of you were bitching about high valuations and "bubbles".

9. You can have mixed markets quite frequently. It keeps on happening.