When was the last time 14 people died of the flu in 12hrs...in one hospital?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Mar 25, 2020.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Seriously.

I think the markets know this too.

A person/hr in one fucking hospital?
    This is typical of the annual flu?
    Exponential growth in deaths will belittle any lowering of "percentage" regarding mortality rate per # of cases. Are you guys that fucking blind?

I mean common sense says if we were out of the woods, a 2.4% bounce on the Dow would be a joke after the last 3 years.

But that doesn't matter. As death rates continue to exponentially rise, and as Americans endure more and more financial hardships, an eventual market recovery further distances itself with each passing day. 2.4% in this market is bearish af.

2. Overnight

Overnight

Hard to say...When was the last time we jammed a shitload of people with severe complications from the flu into one hospital all at once? Has a study ever been done on those stats?

I understand your point, but I tend to wonder if flu stats have ever been as closely monitored and gone through with as fine-a-toothed-comb as this Covid deal.

Turveyd likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

See the prior post. 20K in one year. 1.3 deaths per hospital per flu season.
    Hotspots are growing exponentially. Look at the heatmap. Places that had zero cases a week ago now have over a dozen.

Tell a kid to double a penny every day for a month. They'll say sure that's easy. Except at the end of the month they'll have well over a million dollars.
    Case closed.

VPhantom and KCalhoun like this.
  4. just wait for B1 to pull some BS evidence outta his ass and claim that coronavirus has peaked. the market went up on FEDS pumping and maybe some short squeeze in the past 2 days. this is going to hurt.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here's one thing to remember....

Take note folks.....

DO NOT LET WHAT HAPPENS IN THE MARKETS IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO CAUSE YOU TO LET YOUR GUARD DOWN REGARDING STAYING SAFE.

Its so easy and so human nature-ish to get sucked into our nonstop 24/7 news cycle and all its sensationalism.

That's all well and good, but I'm telling you right now, this market is not going to trade on "what is"... its gonna trade on math and machines that are at war with each other. That's not anything new, but the degree of intensity is.

If you hear "The Dow jumped 3000 points today".... one would think we are out of the woods.

NOT TRUE.

Be smart folks. Don't let the (brighter than ever) spotlight on the Dow and S&P dictate your degree of caution regarding not catching this sh*t.

That's all. I'm out. See ya'll tommo.

KCalhoun and Developer like this.
  6. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Vanny speaking sense? He must be ill.

I have discussed it with the missus tonight, they need help at the hospice and assuming I can get permission to move by the mayor, I'll see herself (or not) in a month. The ancient Chinese curse, may you live in interesting times.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its that kind of stuff, coming out of the media, that'll make this worse. Then we all lose. Not just getting sick, but more bs thrown upon us telling us what we can and cannot do.

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Looks like this spreads very quickly, quicker than Flu, it's no more deadly than flu, but more catch and pass it on so very quick uptake, if you drill down into areas everyone seems to get quickly, then that area stops getting sicker, then another area pops up fast.

My guess is it'll burn out as quick as it's spreading and death rate is 0.1% in line with Flu given enough hospital supplies for treatment.

Although Flu I get to 0.024% but never mind!

9. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Stop spreading lies, it is far mode deadly than flu.

10. Wallet

Wallet

:fistbump::thumbsup:

#10     Mar 26, 2020