When Grandpa has a Baby Bladder

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Hotcakes, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

I figured ET would be a good place to ask this question, given the amount of older guys on this site. Respectfully,

Any herbal or home remedies for an older guy who can't clear the bladder well? Its killing me. Im waking up 5 times a night to piss a thimble. The prescriped drugs are mostly of the anti-androgen variety, which is more bs. I'm trying to stay away from big pharma drugs. Chinese Medicine? Herbal cures?

2. Similar problem as I'm up 3-5 times nightly. I am pissing more than a thimble, but not what one would call a full stream. I haven't and probably won't try any prescription drugs. I try to limit liquid intake before going to bed, maybe an hour or two before, but I'm still up at least 2-3 times no matter what. There have been nights when I'm up every 45 minutes all night long. Yes, it's a hassle.:mad:

3. Overnight

Overnight

A. Are you taking any diuretic meds for other conditions, such as hypertension? If so, find an alternative.

B. You could try eating a bunch of bread before bed, to adsorb the fluids in your tummy.

C. Have a prostate check. Could be an issue with pressure on the bladder.

4. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

Captain,

Sorry to hear about ur problems. Poor sleep is a real drain on QOL.

Im serious about my health now. Will experiment with various herbals and homeopathic doctors next few months. See if I can get some improvement. Even waking half as many times a night would have a big impact on sleep quality...

In the meantime, I found one highly rated OTC on Amazon.com worth looking into, under "urinary retention"......

Note: appears I can't link to an Amazon.com product. The products name is "Vitanica Bladder Ease, Bladder Support"

Many people appear to suffer from Interstitial Cystitis Syndrome (IC). Most OTC's geared towards treating IC. I suffer more from urinary retention tho. Not a full clear. Unsure if its the same.
    https://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/interstitial-cystitis

5. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

A. negative.
    B. Ill try that. Thanks.
    C. Yes, Ill have to get it done again. Had this condition over 10 years related to another pharmaceutical drug I took (finesteride)... Had a radiological urinary tract assay done and a few prostate checks, almost 10 years ago. They didn't find anything then.

6. Just so long as you realize that homeopathy is quackery.

7. Prostate...get it checked.

8. Sprout

Sprout

Stop drinking coffee.

Counterintuitively, drink more water.

Practice kegels

9. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I used to think that kegel exercises were only for women...thanks for opening my eyes!

El OchoCinco likes this.
  10. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

The homeopathic doctor recommended a Saw Palmetto extract. Same method of action as Propecia/Proscar, which gave me these problems to begin with.

Will get the prostate checked again, and go from there.

#10     Oct 18, 2019