when does an order get rejeted?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by nestleeg, Jan 20, 2008.

1. nestleeg

nestleeg

hi

i was wondering when does an electronically submitted order to an exchange get rejected?

also, if it is possible to tell your broker to suspend your account for a while.. if so will the system automatically reject orders that u send when your account is suspended?

thanks

2. nestleeg

nestleeg

anybody?

i know the question might seem odd. but i was hoping for a clarification from fellow traders here :)

thanks

3. There are hundreds of situations on why an order can be rejected are you looking for anything specific?

4. nestleeg

nestleeg

i actually i wanted to know if a trader can call his broker and tell him to suspend the account.. ie.. put it on hold where the system reject any order

its a way to combat orders being executed with out the traders knowledge .. like the guy who lost 52k because he left home and the software sent an order with out his knowledge.. had he called the broker and "suspended" his account before he leave, this would not have happened and he could leave the computer running for the charting and his other progs but the live account is "on hold" until he call back his broker

thanks