What's the dumbest thing you've done?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 88888accountant, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pinabetal

pinabetal

That sounds like running the wrong way on the football field and making a touchdown for the other team all the while thinking you were making a touchdown for your own team.

#51     Dec 15, 2005
  2. pinabetal

pinabetal

Did they let you keep the 5k you made on their dime? They just took back the wrong amount credited??

#52     Dec 15, 2005
  3. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

Yes of course, they let me keep it, on the third day they took out the 10 grand that was mistakenly in my account and i had like 9k left in the account from the 3k i originally added.

Belive me this in nothing to brag about..........I was trading highly over leveraged... "It can Kill you" . I knew what i was doing.. I knew the risk....But did it anyway...

Reminds me of Borsellino in his book when he described how in 1987 he made his first million bucks took a high leveraged position against the grain and it worked out but he still went into the restroom and puked his guts out.

of course I have done even worse stupid things........

Lotus 7

#53     Dec 15, 2005
  4. pinabetal

pinabetal

I am surprised they let you keep it since you made alot of the profit on their dime. Years ago I had this brazilian bank stock that busted up. My shares supposedly become practically worthless. One day i got up and checked my account and viola my stock was worth close to 100 grand! My worthless shares had become prefered stock! Intead of selling them i called the broker and they researched it out and alas my prefered stock was no longer the prefered but one of the other 12 to 13 companies stock that spun off this bank bust up. Over the years I have wondered if my broker did really somehow keep those stocks and put back in my account the worthless ones. Maybe I should have sold the things without saying a word to the broker to see what would happen.

#54     Dec 15, 2005
  5. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

thats what i would have done. you probley would have had the money, buts its hard to say with equities. I would have made them prove to me why it is still worthless when i still own stock.......

#55     Dec 15, 2005
  6. Smuggled 2 people ( a woman and her daughter) into the United States "THRU" the port of entry. It was about 4:30am and there was only 5 cars waiting to cross into the USA. When i got to the border guard I was completely calm and collected and answered all the border guards questions and they let me thru. Found out 2 weeks later that 93% of people that smuggle people thru the border this way get caught! I'll never do that again.

#56     Dec 15, 2005
  7. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

that was Big time Russian roulette.......you are very count your lucky stars. Your whole life could have been ruined in an instant...

Funny how some small decisions can ruined a persons life

Lotus 7

#57     Dec 15, 2005
  8. nah i wouldve never got caught...if i did i just wouldve used the ol' jedi mind trick. "you dont need to see their ID" ***waving hand*** "these arent the illegals you're looking for"

:D

But seriously...It was like have a 5k account with 2 million BP and trading 5000 shares of GOOG. Couldve really turned against me but oh what a rush :) Dont know how i was able to stay so calm, look the border guard in the eyes and answer all her questions.

But like i said...I'll never do that again...it really was alot like playing russian roulette now that i think about it, only in my version there were 5 chambers loaded and 1 empty one...but at the time I didnt know that the odds of getting caught were 93% I thought i was playing with 5 empty chambers and 1 loaded one :)

#58     Dec 15, 2005
  9. Hey Trader2020,
    Your honesty is refreshing, i feel your pain brother. Sounds like your doing what most everyone else is trying. I've been doing very,very well since I threw out all the crap the so called experts teach as market gospel. I'm keeping it real simple, trading trip Q's based on Intraday Market Timing advice I'm subscribing to. My guy is 18-4 since I've been signed up. Today at 2 pm EST I knew the close was going to be flat, so I went shopping. I'll do a post at 2:10 FRiday, and let you know what he's calling for.

#59     Dec 16, 2005
  10. Oh, great!
    Another super-duper "advisory service" in disguise.

#60     Dec 16, 2005