What?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TGregg, Jun 22, 2015.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Just returned from a week and a half vaca, find myself demodded, find a thread saying nasty things about me, find it closed, no chance to defend myself.

Really?

WTF?

Good bye ET.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. Nine_Ender has a history of stirring the pot on ET.

:)

3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I'm open to this site being free of aliases and everyone identified. That would make open racism a little harder to post, because many family members and work colleagues would put pressure on posters like TGregg to stop. In the absence of that, the owners of the site have to control things that are viewed as unacceptable ( and in some countries illegal ) in the general public. Racism is one such aspect.

I for one have a lot more respect for the site owner for understanding that the nature of the discussion is far more important then any lasting friendship or business partnership he had with the poster in question. That shows character in the face of adversity.

If you are defending TGregg's right to post a long line of racially charged posts on here, well, good luck with that, the man has made that a hard position to defend.

4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I have no idea who Nine Ender is nor do I "follow" him. But to blame him for Gregg's finally having to face the consequences of his unbridled bigotry is idiotic, just as is blaming Clementa Pinckney for his own death.

It has been said that wishing and hoping that people will keep off-topic conversations on other websites is an unrealistic expectation. That is true only if one chooses to do nothing about it. Every site owner has the right to determine what the content of his site will be. That's what TOU are all about. To suggest that the P&R Forum is nothing more than "free-wheeling discussion" rather than an embarrassment that is populated mostly by white supremacists and that it has no effect on the rest of the site is at best naive.

There used to be something called an "inside voice". This was distinct from an "outside voice". And just about everyone who wasn't terminally undeveloped not only knew the difference but knew when and where to apply one or the other. The internet has blurred the distinction over the past twenty years to the point where anybody can say just about anything he chooses whenever and however he chooses. But site owners remain the gate-keepers.

5. Trader13

Trader13

If you are on the losing side of an argument (any issue, left or right), you can't have free-wheeling discussions or you get quickly exposed and sometimes humiliated. It's always instructive to notice who has abandoned their position and starts complaining about the venue.

6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In a discussion, there are no winners or losers. Arguments are another matter.

The "War" has been over for 150 years. Time the white supremacists faced that fact.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. TGregg got a raw deal.

It's very disappointing that ET gave in to pressure from a whiny liberal pussy because someone said something he didn't like.

Fuck you Nine Ender. Go cry to Baron about this post too you sissy cunt.

traderob and Max E. like this.
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Nice. Seems someone left the cellar door open again.

9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Obviously what you need to do is start a trading web site that is 100% ok with racist content. But thanks for expressing your love for that slime ball TGregg. It's always good to know where people stand. Now if only some of you would identify yourself ( full name and city/town ).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  10. It has nothing to do with whatever TGregg posted that got your panties twisted.
    It has to do with the fact that there is a big bold WARNING before you click the politics and religion section to avoid it if you're easily offended. If TGregg wrote something offensive in the Trading section then by all means delete it. P&R section is unfiltered...or at least it was until a liberal loser had to go crying to the owner!

Normal Americans are tired of bending over backwards to appease you whining liberal dirtbags when you can't follow simple directions.

#10     Jun 24, 2015
    Tsing Tao likes this.