What will HowardCohodas's month on month return be for March?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HowardCohodas, Mar 24, 2011.

Howard's March Month on Month Return

1. +5%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. 0%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. -5%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. -10%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. -15%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. -20%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. -25%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. -30%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. -35%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. -40%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  11. -45%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  12. -50%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. -55%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. -60%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. -65%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. -70%

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  17. -75%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. more than -75%

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. I though it would be helpful to readers to calibrate all the horror-inducing adjectives used to characterize what happened to my account in March.

I'm considering a prize for the winners (all who guess to the nearest 5%) provided that information can be determined.

2. .

Return on portfolio or return on allocation? How much of your portfolio/aum was allocated to your credit spread strategy?

What method of proof/verification will be offered with respect to the PNL you report?

3. 1) 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1. :eek:
    2) You really should be more optimistically-biased in your expectations. :D

4. Holy shit, get over yourself. How many frickin posts are you going to start discussing the same thing.

5. I will use the same method I've used since I began this thread.

I will offer the same challenge of proof that I offered before. I will repost that if you like.

Any deviation to either of these would be a disservice to the readers. Otherwise there would be no valid means of reference.

6. Howard,

I am afraid that this endeavour is futile. After your recent incoherent rages very few people will believe your fanciful claims.

It would be far better to accept your loses, and begin your learning process by acknowledging that your critics were right all along.

Your rampant ego is hurt Howard, and now it is hurting you in turn, pushing you to ever more ridiculous lengths.

My offer to help you still stands Howard, despite the way you have acted. Let's talk. :)

7. Howard, Howard, Howard.

You cannot expect people to do anything to obtain proof of your results (I presume you are talking about your silly escrow account idea again). It is is up to you to provide proofs.

Sadly your strange rants, unbalanced behaviour and disturbing outburst mean that few will accept "proofs" from you.

You need to be humble, regain your composure (perhaps even your sanity?) and begin the healing process.

I know you will react with furious anger to me Howard, but I am undeterred. I have helped many people who cannot trade overcome their ego problems, and some of them were worse (in terms of maniacal ego and poor trading skills) than you.

Please consider my offer, made in friendship. I can help you Howard. Let's talk. :)

8. 20% allocation? It would be helpful if you could post it here instead of repeating that it's somewhere, elsewhere... in the effluvium. Also, what vetting of the return you will offer.

There is no challenge. I posted my IB statement for March and offered to allow an ET regular(s) to login to my account to verify, which has already been done by user "domestic". The challenge related to my estimate of your draw-down is rendered moot as you've since started this thread.

And yes, this does border on the NPD/sociopathic. If you're into DSM-IV.

9. Please Mike, be kind.

I understand how annoying he is, but you must understand that Howard is a deeply flawed individual whose ego is badly damaged.

I implore you to make allowances for him during this difficult time. I have offered to help him, let us give him room and see if he accepts. I fear it is too late for his reputation (such little as he had is gone) but I hope to be able to assist him in salvaging some dignity.

10. I have previously proposed a method of verifying my results via a third party. I will repost that offer when I post my update.

I think it would be instructive for people to vote, irrespective of how the results are verified.

I have previously accepted your offer of help. :confused: Perhaps you missed it. I accept, I accept I accept.

#10     Mar 24, 2011