What were the high flying tech stocks of the 90's?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by gunslinger, Jul 22, 2009.

1. As part of my thesis on irrational exuberance I want to illustrate the herd mentality of the late 90's, when the nasdaq doubled in less than a year. Though I was in the middle of it myself (a lowly apprentice on Lehman's desk) I forget many of the stocks that were doubling every month. For the purpose of this thread I am looking for stocks that went high and fell to zero or a few dollars, so a stock like Broadcom is not what Im looking for, but Etoys is.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. S2007S

S2007S

Lycos

ICGE

TGLO

Excite

ARBA

CMRC

Snow (snowball.com)

ABTL

MKTW

SPLN (Sportsline.com)

IVIL (Ivillage)

and hundreds more..... all worth ZERO!!

3. CMGI, BBSW, PPRO, INKT, CIEN, CORV.... im sure some that are worth something today have reverse split !

4. Thanks so far, I still need much more, so please guys dont be shy.

5. ess1096

ess1096

JDSU CPST ISON

6. moonmist

moonmist

INSP, BVSN, CNXT, Nortel

The first three have undergone reverse stock split, probably to avoid delisting. The last one has filed for bankruptcy.

7. Almost everything Cramer listed as his "Winners of the New World"-

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.thestreet.com/story/891820/the-winners-of-the-new-world.html

Feb 29, 2000-

You want winners? You want me to put my Cramer Berkowitz hedge fund hat on and just discuss what my fund is buying today to try to make money tomorrow and the next day and the next? You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World? You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now.

OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions (SVNX Quote), Ariba (ARBA Quote), Digital Island (ISLD Quote), Exodus (EXDS Quote), InfoSpace.com (INSP Quote), Inktomi (INKT Quote), Mercury Interactive (MERQ Quote), Sonera (SNRA Quote), VeriSign (VRSN Quote) and Veritas Software (VRTS Quote).
    -----------------------------------------------

8. cstfx

cstfx

You're all forgetting the one that started it all: Netscape

9. And the most famous of all pets.com

10. CSCC

ASND

PAIR

IOMG

CUBE

SHVA

AMCC